Solutions Engineer - Chicago, IL
As a Solutions Engineer, you will educate and guide prospects on the proper implementation of LaunchDarkly's SaaS product and Private Instances. You will be the technical voice during our sale and ensure our customers are comfortable with the way our systems work. You are passionate about the developer tools space and helping development teams eliminate risk and deliver value. This role will support the Eastern timezone, as such candidates who are in New York or the East Coast are preferred.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
This position will be remote and on a distributed team.
What You'll Do:
- Evangelize and advise customers on the importance and different uses of feature flags and how to administer them
- Create solutions to customer's challenges implementing feature flags across large monolith and microservice applications, large organizations, and different technology stacks
- Become a domain expert on LaunchDarkly architecture
- Demo LaunchDarkly product to technical and business audiences
- Become a subject matter expert on LaunchDarkly and communicate our value and features to potential customers
- Be the voice of the customer by translating, aggregating, and representing customer feedback to the Product and Engineering teams
Who You Are:
- You learn and synthesize large amounts of information with little context
- You are an effective communicator and you can simplify complex technical concepts
- You are a self‐starter and problem solver, willing to take on hard problems and work independently when necessary.
- You have 4+ years experience consulting with enterprise customers and large development teams
- You led successful technical proof of concepts and built strong customer relationships
- You are passionate about trends and technologies involved in modern application development
Bonus Points if:
- You have worked with teams that underwent development process transformation
- You are familiar with at least one of our supported languages: Java, .NET, GO, JS, Python, PHP, node, Ruby, Rails, iOS, or Android
- You have worked with data persistence technologies like Varnish or Redis
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly