Product Manager, Developer Experience
Software powers the world, and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control the best software. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to help teams ship better software, faster and eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We are seeking a developer-focused Product Manager to empower software teams around the world to use LaunchDarkly to create their best work.
To manage features in real time, LaunchDarkly is embedded in our customers' code and interacts with their development processes. We need to ensure that the product we build fits well with developers' high expectations, both from a code and a process vantage point.
You will have, at some point in your career, been a professional developer and you are still able to code when it helps accomplish your goals. But you've experienced the joy of working directly with customers to identify their problems and then motivating teams of engineers to solve those problems.
You've worked with high-performing software teams and recognize the processes and tools that help them get there. You'll develop a vision of how LaunchDarkly can fit into development processes and enable those teams to move faster than ever before.
- Ensure that the product we build, the documentation we write, and the APIs we release are the best you've ever worked with.
- Collaborate with the Design and Engineering teams to craft and translate users' requests into product features that will delight developers.
- Ensure a remarkable developer experience with LD from install through advanced use.
- Champion developers' priorities and shepherd developer-focused features from inception to implementation.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to craft compelling messaging about the impact of our platform, products, and features – specifically for software developers.
- Engage with Customer Success and Support Engineering to understand customers dev teams' challenges and needs.
- Become a subject matter guide in the areas of modern application development and feature management and help our customers, and the industry at large, adopt these new capabilities.
- Hands-on, back-end software development experience on a professional team at some point in your career.
- Strong opinions about “developer ergonomics” from APIs to command lines to documentation.
- An idiomatic grasp of multiple programming languages.
- An understanding of modern software development lifecycles including common tools, processes, and bottlenecks
- Experience delivering new features from concept to launch.
- Comfort experimenting with new tools at the code level.
- A passion for improving the lives and work of software developers around the world.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly