Head of Product Design
Oakland, CA /
Software powers the world, and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control the best software. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to help teams ship better software, faster and eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly. You'll help us tackle some of the most challenging engineering problems around, like delivering feature flags to hundreds of millions of users all over the world in milliseconds.
LaunchDarkly is looking for an experienced product design leader to build, coach, and mentor our Product Design team. At LaunchDarkly, Product Designers work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to help build the best Feature Management platform in the world.
We're looking for someone who has managed a team of designers before and has prior experience working on a world-class product at a fast-paced SaaS startup. LaunchDarkly's users are primarily developers – we've found that prior experience building a product for a technical user is extremely valuable. Direct domain experience in developer-focused tools is especially helpful.
You have experience building teams and coaching team members. While your primary focus will be on enabling your team of designers, you're not afraid to be hands-on, engaging in design critiques and influencing the quality of designs produced. You bring experience structuring teams and setting up efficient tools and processes for them.
- Lead our product design team at LaunchDarkly building our core product experience.
- Inspire, motivate, and lead designers to do the best work of their career.
- Improve the overall experience of our core product, ensuring alignment with the LaunchDarkly brand.
- Think strategically about the hiring needs, roles, responsibilities, and processes used by our product designers.
- Grow our design system to help the product delivery team scale good design across many engineers.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering leaders to ensure alignment.
- Build a diverse and highly skilled team able to keep up with a rapidly growing product.
- Strengthen design decision making through a culture of research and testing
- Experience managing product designers.
- Experience working at a strategic level to influence design across an entire organization
- Excellent prototyping and design tool knowledge (we use Figma, but familiarity with other tools welcome).
- You've developed or worked with a successful Product Design System.
- Experience designing a SaaS product with a rapid release cycle.
- Keen insight into business goals and a clear sense of design can influence the success of a product.
- An ability to bridge technical requirements with product / user needs to produce great designs.
- Excellent communication skills (written, visual and verbal).
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly