Customer Success Manager - SMB (East)
New York, NY /
Customer Success /
Join our team of highly skilled self-starters with years of experience across multiple disciplines. Our Customer Success team partners with our customers to ensure they are effectively implementing our service, adopting it widely in their company, and are continually deriving business value from LaunchDarkly product suite. Part product expert and part business partner, our LaunchDarkly Customer Success Managers are primarily focused on expanding the use of LaunchDarkly within existing accounts via driving conversations around the value our tool provides.
You'll develop, manage, and execute scalable programs for our customers based on adoption, growth, and retention goals. These programs may include user training, coordinating with product marketing and technical teams to deliver informational webinars, automating our CS process (ie lifecycle management, success plans, maturity model, etc), and content curation. You will leverage these programs to support your book of business which will focus on all of LaunchDarkly’s SMB and low-touch customers. Scalability, repeatability, and reach will be the main focus of your business. The processes you develop and perfect will further benefit the rest of our Customer Success organization as their application will be honed to serve the Mid-Market and Enterprise customer base as well.
As our first SMB CSM, you will be leading the charge on our efforts toward a complete account coverage and engagement strategy starting with the framework we have in place and layering on your experience to deliver a comprehensive package.
LaunchDarkly is open to remote candidates for this role.
- Identify retention, risk and expansion opportunities in accounts and partner with Account Executives to close expansion deals
- Expose and Curate content to be leveraged during each customer lifecycle stage
- Partner with CSMs, AEs, Product, and Marketing to drive a one to many experiences within your book of business
- Analyze data to identify patterns within the customer lifecycle and develop proactive solutions
- Utilize multimodal communication skills - including social media, email, recording, video, etc. - to drive engagement across your book of business
- Build processes to maintain customer health at scale, using internal dashboards and metrics to identify and respond to risks or opportunities within your book of business (500 to 1000 accounts)
- Identify common challenges, proactively suggest improvement to existing processes, and deliver best practices to customers to help deliver maximum value of our products
- Utilize existing customer onboarding process and partner with product marketing to create new onboarding assets
- Use GoToWebinar, Typeform, experience with email outbound (Outreach & Mailchimp)
- Participate in planning to drive our teams’ communication strategy across multiple cohorts
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing inside sales, customer success, BDR or Product Marketing role
- Consistent track record of highly-professional customer engagement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues and escalations
- Process-focused, with strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to listen well and take a thoughtful approach to address customers
- Comfortable demonstrating product functionality (with training); ability to provide a comprehensive overview of key business use cases
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer growth, loyalty, and adoption
- Strong interpersonal skills
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry-standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful, and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly