DevOps Engineer (UK, Ireland or Amsterdam Remote)
Note: This DevOps position would be entirely remote and preferably in the UK, Ireland or Amsterdam. There is an expectation of overlapping some Pacific Time hours as well.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help us maintain and scale LaunchDarkly's engineering infrastructure. In addition to our SaaS offering, you will deliver private instances of the LaunchDarkly service for our enterprise customers. You are passionate about system reliability, performance, and security, with an eye toward taking our operations to the next level (from semi-automated to fully automated).
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and Twitter, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
What you'll do:
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure hosted in the cloud
- Research and implement changes to increase site reliability and help us operate more efficiently
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Work directly with our CTO and development team to refine our architecture
Who you are:
- You are an effective communicator
- You are a self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve hard problems and work independently when necessary. You identify potential problems and nip them in the bud before they surface
- You play well on a small, tight-knit team
- You have run large-scale production systems on Linux servers in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- You love automating deployment with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Terraform. When you want to automate other processes, you reach for Python or bash
- You have configured and tuned Web proxy servers such as HAProxy, nginx, Apache httpd, or Varnish
- You can't live without monitoring systems such as Sensu, Nagios, Graphite/Grafana, or Datadog
You may also know (bonus skills):
- You are familiar with running systems with a microservice-based architecture
- You have interacted with data persistence technologies such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, or Redis
- You have written software in Go (Golang), C++, or Java
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly