Mobile SDK Developer
We're looking for a mobile developer to expand LaunchDarkly's support for iOS and Android clients.
The ideal candidate has experience developing mobile SDKs embedded in external client applications. First-hand experience building a mobile product in widespread use is a huge plus. Understanding our space and our customers (we build tools for developers) is critical, but previous experience building for developers isn't a necessary prerequisite— as long as you're willing to learn.
A deep understanding of networking technologies (TCP, HTTP, websockets, server-sent events, etc.), plus battlefield experience with networking in mobile environments is essential.
LaunchDarkly is dedicated to helping teams ship better software, faster. We serve over 100 billion feature flags daily to eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly. You'll help us tackle some of the most challenging engineering problems around, like how can we deliver feature flags to hundreds of millions of users in milliseconds without breaking the bank.
What You'll Do:
- Own our SDK development for all mobile platforms
- Work directly with our CTO and development team to define and enhance our mobile architecture
- We expect you to be a technical leader— you should be able to assess priorities, provide solutions to technical challenges, and play an active role in defining what we build
Who you are:
- 4+ years experience of mobile SDK and / or mobile application development
- Experience with both iOS and Android (other mobile platforms a plus)
- A strong understanding of networking technologies, plus practical experience dealing with networking issues in mobile environments
- A proven ability to mentor and provide technical leadership
- Initiative and problem solving skills, and be willing to solve difficult problems and work independently when necessary
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.