Application Security Engineer
Software powers the world, and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control their software. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to help teams ship better software, faster and eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly. As we scale, we're building out our security team, whose mission is to ensure the safety of our customers' data. From the outset, we've made security, privacy and compliance a high priority at LaunchDarkly. We're hiring engineers to join our Application Security Team. This team enables the rest of our Product Delivery organization to move quickly without compromising safety.
- Be a security subject matter expert, and help instill security best practices and training within other engineering teams
- Support incident response processes during security-related incidents
- Select, research and implement security-related tools (e.g. tools for static and dynamic analysis, threat monitoring, etc.)
- Manage and assess the validity of external penetration test findings and assist in vulnerability mitigation
- Research and detect new attack vectors
- You've worked as a developer or DevOps engineer before, and have a particular interest and affinity in security
- You're comfortable working with a team of technical security-focused DevOps engineers
- You are excited to own application engineering aspects of security
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You have experience working with common industry frameworks like SOC2, HITRUST, CSA, FedRAMP, or ISO27001.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 1 trillion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.