Distributed Systems Engineer
We're looking for a distributed systems engineer to help us build, scale, and maintain LaunchDarkly's real-time data analytics pipeline. You'll be building systems that handle the scale and exponential growth of our product, ingesting, analyzing, and querying hundreds of billions of events per day.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and Twitter, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
- Help build and maintain our distributed, high-throughput, real-time data analytics pipeline, implemented as a set of Go microservices
- Use open-source tools like ElasticSearch, Kafka, Redis, and Cassandra
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Work directly with our CTO and development team to define and evolve our architecture
- 4+ experience building and maintaining large-scale production systems
- Experience with real-time event logging, stats collection, and analysis
- Strong understanding of networking technologies, plus practical experience dealing with networking issues in real-world environments
- Self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve difficult problems and work independently when necessary
- Strong testing background: experience building unit, integration, load tests, and benchmarks
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.