Engineering Team Lead
Software powers the world, and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control the best software. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to help teams ship better software, faster and eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly. You'll help us tackle some of the most challenging engineering problems around, like delivering feature flags to hundreds of millions of users all over the world in milliseconds.
- Work on critical development projects, both with direct code contributions and by helping your teammates move faster.
- Help your team make design and architectural decisions to ensure success.
- Anticipate the growth of our service and keep your parts of the service healthy.
- Help your team understand their mission and how they fit in with the overall business goals,.
- Prioritize a roadmap that balances feature delivery, operational health, and bug fixing;
- Define and measure success in your areas;
- Lead your team to deliver while keeping your developers motivated, empowered, growing and happy.
- One or more years’ experience leading people: hiring, motivating, growing, empowering, and performance managing.
- A history of creating or maintaining great team cultures.
- Experience working on large-scale production systems.
- A hands-on foundation of software development knowledge that allows work side by side with your team.
- Skills and knowledge that will establish credibility with your team.
- A passion for sharing that knowledge and helping to raise the bar for everyone you work with.
- The ability to track and drive metrics, and the wisdom to understand what they can and can't tell you.
- A drive to truly understand the needs of your customer, and the ability to translate those into business goals.
Nice to have:
- Building or managing highly distributed, high volume services with 24/7 operational needs.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly
Full Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
Flexible schedule & work environment
Healthy lunches & snacks every day.
Conference & meetups as an opportunity for everyone.
A yearly education stipend for conferences and classes on your own.
A budget to personalize your work station.
A location in downtown Oakland, just steps from public transportation
Commuter benefits and bike parking