This role blends expertise from engineering, marketing, and product with the mission of developer engagement. As a Developer Advocate, you will engage with our community of developers and drive excitement around developer-related technologies. This is a great opportunity to help improve awareness and usage of LaunchDarkly’s technologies through both marketing programs and in-depth engagement with our key accounts.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster.
Software powers the world and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control their software.
You love solving problems with software and have an enthusiasm for educating and sharing solutions with your community. You have a background in engineering and a passion for the community. You have passion, curiosity, technical depth, and extraordinary written communication skills. You should have the ability to converse with a broad range of programming language communities (Java, .NET, Node.js, Python, Ruby, iOS, Android, etc.), and have a real passion for modern application development trends at the intersection of development and operations. Our Developer Advocates can be responsible for anything from organizing developer events, to writing production-quality code and contributing to LaunchDarkly’s SDKs. Ultimately, your goal is to empower developers with the tools they need to make their job better. We meet developers wherever they are and support their journey, wherever that may lead.
- Develop demo applications against our integrations and/or SDKs to showcase the product use case.
- Collaborate with our Partnerships team to advocate for the developer voice and create impactful content in the form of demos, blog posts, webinars, and workshops.
- Write about technology trends focused around feature management, modern application architecture with the goal of engaging developers, developer managers, and senior technical leaders.
- Lead conversations in the community around best practices for feature flag management.
- Articulate the technical value proposition of LaunchDarkly experience vs competitive solutions
- Provide cross-audience support and in-depth technical enablement
- Minimum 3 years of production-level software development or operations experience
- Ability to independently build apps, craft solutions, interact with developers and operators to help them learn through the articulation of your experience.
- Engaging written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, willingness to travel when need be.
- PM experience and/or have experience building communities.
- A history of successful speaking engagements, industry influence and / or recognition in technology publications
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry-standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful, and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly