Full-Stack Designer (Devtool)
LaunchDarkly is looking for someone with a love for design and developer tools. As a product designer at LaunchDarkly, you will help lead the application design efforts and collaborate on the strategy. Someone with the passion and skills to lend a hand at every step in the process, who can partner with engineering, product management, and other designers to help us craft an application that's a pleasure to use. Since this is a engineering focused-tool, you should also have an engineering mindset and knowledge of the developer tools' space.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
What you'll do:
- You'll be the champion for the user. Making sure everything we build feels effortless to use and creates moments of delight
- You'll own the look & feel, and user experience of our user-facing application in line with the LaunchDarkly branding
- Collaborating closely with other designers, project managers, and engineers you'll rapidly build and iterate in an Agile, experiment-driven product development environment
- You'll craft meaningful experiences by delivering UX, UI & IxD
- You will have a high focus on setting up and conducting user and usability research along with competitive analysis
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience and a solid portfolio with a history of interactive and impactful designs in top-notch products
- You love designing for complex information architecture such as dashboards and temporal data design
- You are passionate about the experience and equally compassionate about the user
- You have excellent prototyping and design tool knowledge and know how to balance design effort, speed and quality
- You pride yourself on unbiased and unleading user interview skills, efficient user feedback collection and documentation, and excellent communication skills
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to handle multiple, complex projects
You may also know (bonus skills):
- Interaction design
- Experience with in-product marketing and delightful moment creation
- Persona building and communication
- Design systems
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 10 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly