Senior Designer, Product
Oakland, CA /
At LaunchDarkly, we're on a mission to help teams build better software, faster. We started by focusing on the developer experience, and now we're expanding beyond that to designers, PMs, and anyone else who affects the customer's experience. We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us reach that vision.
Senior Product Designers at LaunchDarkly complete the PM, Engineering, and Design triad that owns the strategy and direction of an area of LaunchDarkly. You'll own the end-to-end user experience, from research to polished visual design, of your team's area of ownership.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team and you have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
- Exploratory research with customers to inform your team's strategy, roadmap, and design decisions
- Wireframes, prototypes, lo-fi sketches – whatever is needed to get the job done – to explore potential solutions
- Usability testing with customers to refine your designs so that we're confident we're shipping the best solution
- Creating final, polished design specs for engineers to build
- Partner with engineers and product managers to ensure that the final product achieves the intended outcome
- Contribute to our design system by working with the rest of the product design team and frontend engineers to design and build new components and patterns
- Collaborate with your fellow product designers to create a cohesive, consistent user experience
- 5+ years of experience designing SaaS products, with a portfolio of shipped work
- While Product Designers at LaunchDarkly own the end-to-end design of product experiences, we don't expect you to be an expert in every skill a designer may possess. You should, however, be strong in two or three areas, and competent at the rest.
- Lifelong learner, always looking to grow and improve at your craft
- Curious about people and the world. You're always asking "why" and seeking deeper understanding of topics
- Able to autonomously juggle multiple, complex projects at once
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbally
- Great presenter
- Desire to mentor fellow designers
- To excel in this role, we prefer designers with an understanding of how developers work. This can come from experience writing code yourself, or working on tools for developers.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly