Technical Support Engineer (London, England)
Note: This Technical Support Engineer position would be entirely remote and preferably in London, England. The hours will be London-based; however there is an expectation of overlapping some Pacific Time hours as well.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who will take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution. To best serve our customers, you will become an expert in the LaunchDarkly product and develop tools to improve the LaunchDarkly customer experience. You should be a self-starter who works well with little supervision; we trust you to do the right things with little oversight.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to eliminate risk and deliver value for development teams. You'll join a small team and have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
- Become a technical expert on the LaunchDarkly platform (including SDKs)
- Use this expertise to troubleshoot customer issues and answer questions internally
- Communicate with customers in a friendly, timely manner
- Reproduce and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base
- Contribute to process improvements and new ways to delight customers
- Represent customers in internal company discussions
- 2+ years of customer support, technical support, or related customer facing role
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment
- Experience working with APIs or building integrations between SaaS services
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when facing tough customer situations
- Interest in working on technical side projects to validate what you’ve learned
- Excellent time management skills and ability to balance numerous projects at once
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly