Internal Tools Developer
LaunchDarkly is forming a new team to manage our internal systems and create new software to make our awesome employees more awesome. Come design and build the tools that will help us understand our business and make smart, efficient choices about how we run.
On our Internal Tools Team you’ll collaborate closely with co-workers to build applications supporting our work across LaunchDarkly whether in Revenue, Support, Finance, HR or Product Delivery. Your work will improve critical internals tools for running our business, understanding our customers, and using our resources effectively.
You will bring the pride of software engineering craft to your work, and ensure that the tools we build for ourselves get the same good processes and careful attention as our product. You understand and are able to make the investments necessary to maintain and grow systems over the long run.
What you'll do:
- Build new tools and improve existing tools to improve our processes and effectiveness.
- Design and build new features to help us get work done.
- Be able to work up and down the stack to complete your projects – building both front-end applications and back-end systems.
- Ship fast and iterate rapidly with your internal customers, striving to deliver value as quickly as possible.
- Invest in quality and operability to ensure your tools maintain the highest standards in production.
- Actively participate in code review with your teammatesImprove engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are:
- Fluency with server-side web development (e.g. in Java / Scala, Ruby, Python, Golang, Node.js)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Fluency writing SQL
- Experience with more than one database technology
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks and technologies
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- The ability to write code that can be easily understood by others, with an eye towards maintainability
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience.
- Experience deploying and operating production-quality internal services.
You may also (bonus skills):
- Have experience with SalesForce development
Software powers the world, and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control the best software. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to help teams ship better software, faster and eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly. You'll help us tackle some of the most challenging engineering problems around, like how can we deliver feature flags to hundreds of millions of users in milliseconds without breaking the bank.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching").
LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Full Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
Flexible schedule & work environment
Healthy lunches & snacks every day.
Conference & meetups as an opportunity for everyone.
A yearly education stipend for conferences and classes on your own.
A budget to personalize your work station.
A location in downtown Oakland, just steps from public transportation
Commuter benefits and bike parking