Data Engineer Team Lead
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineering leader to found a new team at LaunchDarkly. We are growing rapidly, and need reliable and efficient answers for questions key to our future. You'll have ownership of tools and process, hiring for a team and developing our practice for the next stage of growth.
We are looking for someone with a track record of strong and trusted relationships with executives, an ability to communicate the results from analyses and influence roadmaps, and are passionate about leading, mentoring, and developing a team in a dynamic environment. The ideal fit is someone who can dig into the business challenge and ask the core questions, ensure data integrity and statistical significance, and build a convincing case to take action.
What you'll do:
- Map out the plan to create
- Hire and manage a small team of engineers
- Create a data pipeline that is trustworthy and reliable
- Choose and deploy a toolset to support our data needs
- Help answer the business' most pressing questions
- Build tools and teach people how to find answers to their own questions
On day one, you should have:
- 3+ years experience in building and operating a data practice for a growing company
- Understanding of the fundamentals of data models and ETL
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Deep experience in data instrumentation and history of strong partnership with engineering teams
- Experience leading people: hiring, motivating, growing, empowering, and performance managing
You may also know (bonus skills):
- Experience in both enterprise (or B2B) as well as consumer (or B2C) environments
- MS, MBA or PhD degree in a relevant topic
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100+ billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly