Director, Infrastructure Delivery
IT / Infrastructure Delivery
Software powers the world, and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control their software. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to help teams ship better software, faster and eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly.
Infrastructure Delivery at LaunchDarkly is an engineering discipline responsible for building and delivering technology solutions for LaunchDarkly employees. The team's mission is to use technology to help make LaunchDarkly employees efficient and happy. It does this by delivering IT services and infrastructure (e.g. help desk, networking, physical security), building internal tools and services and delivering BI and data tools.
The ideal fit is someone who can dig into business challenges and ask core questions, ensure the effective use of data, and build convincing plans for action.
The Director of Infrastructure Delivery will build and manage the department and report directly to the CTO.
- Hire and manage IT, Tools, and Data teams
- Run the team with the same level of discipline, process, and rigor that we use on our product-focused engineering teams
- Help your team understand their mission and how they fit in with the overall business goals
- Run a software team charged with crafting and maintaining internal LaunchDarkly tools using modern software development processes and stacks (React, Go, TypeScript, AWS, Terraform etc.)
- Define and measure success criteria for your functional teams
- Lead IT operations for all LaunchDarkly’s locations, ensuring employee experience as measured by user satisfaction surveys and internal SLAs.
- Manage the inventory of LaunchDarkly's IT assets, ensuring budget compliance, and best practices.
- Determine business requirements for IT systems and coordinate activities to ensure Availability.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders regarding the effectiveness and progress of business systems and enterprise applications, as well as IT projects and performance.
- Efficiently manage LaunchDarkly's global IT budget, anticipating for company growth as required.
- Help the data team build an operate a scalable, reliable data pipeline and data warehouse.
- Help identify and answer the business' most pressing questions.
- Build tools and teach people how to find answers to their own questions using trustworthy data.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors, MSPs, suppliers, and key consultants.
- Three or more years’ experience leading IT or Engineering teams: hiring, motivating, growing, empowering, and performance managing.
- A history of creating or maintaining great team cultures.
- Skills and knowledge that will establish credibility with your team.
- You understand build vs. buy dynamics and know when each is appropriate
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized, thorough and diligent with an acute attention to detail.
- Knowledge of middleware integration tools like (Bettercloud, Zapier, Celigo)
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 1 trillion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry-standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.