LaunchDarkly is looking for an SDK engineer to help build our server‐side platform support. The ideal candidate has experience developing SDKs embedded in external web applications. This means understanding the complexity and restrictions of releasing and maintaining software embedded in customer applications. Engineers with a low-level understanding of multiple platforms (e.g. the JVM, Ruby, and Node.js), performance and load testing, and a focus on releasing and maintaining high-quality software will thrive in this role.
Understanding our space and our customers (we build tools for developers) is critical, but previous experience building for developers isn't a necessary prerequisite— as long as you're willing to learn.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and Twitter, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
- Be a front-line responder for issues filed by customers
- Work directly with our CTO and development team to define our architecture, and help define our client‐server networking model
- Strong understanding of networking technologies, plus practical experience dealing with networking issues in mobile environments
- Experience contributing to open-source software
- Polyglot background— fluency in at least one other programming language, and an ability to context switch quickly between languages
- Strong understanding of concurrency and threading on multiple platforms
- Proven ability to mentor and provide technical leadership
- Self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve difficult problems and work independently when necessary
- Testing background: experience building unit, integration, load tests, and benchmarks
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.