IT Support Engineer
IT / Infrastructure Delivery
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact on our product and customers.
We are looking for an IT Service Desk / Support Engineer to be a first line of defense for our growing IT support team. We currently have over 150 employees globally and will be adding additional headcount over the next year. This role will help to enable the scale of the company by being the face of the technical service desk and IT team. This position will be responsible for maintaining the service level of our service desk and will also be the first point of contact for all technical matters. This role will report directly to the IT Lead.
- Be a primary responder for LaunchDarkly's service desk
- Support a primarily Mac-based environment with some Windows / Linux devices
- Install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding LaunchDarkly employees
- Support company AV suites and All Hands meetings
- 1-3 years of experience as a technical support expert supporting users in a corporate environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Interact well at all levels within the organization.
- Well-organized and highly efficient
- You bring a curiosity for technology trends and implementing cutting edge technical solutions
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Asset management
- On-boarding/Off-boarding Automation
- AV room and video conference platforms like Zoom, WebEx, BlueJeans
- Supported a user base using SAAS based ticketing system
- Supported Wireless 802.11X installations in corporate settings
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systemic problems
- Ability to troubleshoot Apple hardware
- Systems administration for mac and Linux systems.
Nice to have:
- General understanding of ITIL, OSI Model, ISO 27001, SOC II
- Scripting or Automating SaaS applications
- GSuite administration
- Atlassian administration
- A+ Certification
- Okta helpdesk certification
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 10 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry-standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.