We're looking for a creative, product-focused full stack engineer to help us build our core platform. You'll own the integrations between LaunchDarkly's platform and key third-party services such as Slack, Jira, GitHub, and CircleCI. These integrations require new end-to-end feature development. We're looking for someone who enjoys putting valuable features in front of customers and takes pride in the quality of their work. You should have strong opinions about what makes a great developer product, and care deeply about the development tools and processes we all depend on.
LaunchDarkly is dedicated to helping teams ship better software, faster. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly. You'll help us tackle some of the most challenging engineering problems around, like how can we deliver feature flags to hundreds of millions of users in milliseconds without breaking the bank.
What You'll Do:
- Build and expand our platform by integrating it with key third-party services
- Own and operate the integrations
- Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary
- Be a front-line responder for issues filed by customers
- Actively participate in code review
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
On Day One, You Should Have:
- Proven experience and fluency with server-side web development (e.g. in Java/Scala, Ruby, Python, Golang, Node.js)
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks and technologies
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- The ability to write code that can be easily understood by others, with an eye towards maintainability
- A high bar for quality of code and user experience
You May Also Have (bonus skills):
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with React/Redux for front-end development
- Experience working on a technical, customer-facing product
- A deep understanding of networking technologies (TCP, HTTP, websockets, server-sent events, etc.)
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100+ billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly