Oakland, CA / Remote /
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineering thought leader to own our data platform at LaunchDarkly. This team is part of the Infrastructure Delivery organization. We are a passionate group of engineers who's mission is to support, empower, provide force multiplication for all employees of LaunchDarkly. We are growing rapidly, and need reliable and efficient answers for questions key to our future. You'll be instrumental in developing our practice for the next stage of growth.
We are looking for someone with a track record of strong and trusted relationships with stakeholder, an ability to communicate the results from analyses and influence roadmaps. The ideal fit is someone who can dig into the business challenge and ask the core questions, ensure data integrity and statistical significance, and build a convincing case to take action.
- Build and maintain data pipelines that are trustworthy and reliable
- Own and maintain our data lake infrastructure
- Support and improve our toolset to serve the data needs of our internal customers
- Help answer the business' most pressing questions
- Build tools and teach people how to find answers to their own questions
- 5+ years experience in data engineering for a growing company
- Solid understanding of data modeling - dbt experience preferred
- Experience working with cloud-native data store - we use Snowflake
- Experience with modern ETL/ELT tools and job scheduling - we use Fivetran and Airflow
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Deep experience in data instrumentation and history of strong partnership with engineering teams
- Champion for engineering and operational excellence, including infrastructure-as-code, change control, testing, and automation
- Experience in both enterprise (or B2B) as well as consumer (or B2C) environments
- MS, MBA or PhD degree in a relevant topic
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100+ billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly