Software Engineer, Backend
We're looking for a backend engineer to help us build features, design and implement API methods, and improve the performance and reliability of our systems. We're looking for someone who knows what it takes to deliver value to customers and takes pride in the quality of their work.
Our platform serves over twenty billion feature flags daily. The core technologies we use daily include Golang, React, Redux, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, HAProxy, and NATS.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
What you'll do:
- Build and expand our APIs and services, written in Go
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to deliver user-facing features
- Monitor and improve server-side performance
- Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience and fluency with server-side web development (e.g. in Java / Scala, Ruby, Python, Golang, Node.js)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, distributed systems, concurrency, and threading
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- You write code that can be easily understood by others, with an eye towards maintainability
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You value high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
You may also know (bonus skills):
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- A deep understanding of networking technologies (TCP, HTTP, websockets, server-sent events, etc.)
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 100 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly