Public Relations Account Manager
San Francisco /
Public Relations – Account Manager /
LaunchSquad is known for building brands from scratch. Together we create public relations programs for innovative startup and mid-stage technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies like D-Wave, Nuro, Poshmark and Twitch. We are looking for a storyteller to join our team. LaunchSquad is working remotely. We are open to remote work candidates for this opportunity.
LaunchSquad Account Managers are experienced public relations program leaders. They manage four accounts across a variety of emerging technology verticals. They use their experience and expertise to guide account teams, provide recommendations to clients and make strategic work decisions.
Account Managers partner with LaunchSquad leaders to develop the story and strategy for accounts. They contribute original ideas and craft key messages. They turn ideas and messages into strategic public relations plans and activity.
Account Managers lead the execution of account work. They actively contribute to the work often taking responsibility for the most challenging or innovative program goals. Account Managers are skilled teachers and coaches. They know exactly what each team member needs to focus on to reach their goals and take on new, increasing responsibilities.
Account Managers are seasoned public relations professionals. They have an eye for quality work and lead by example. They love the work they do and are committed to learning and growing their skills alongside teams every day.
- 6+ years of public relations experience at an agency or start-up technology/d2c company with at least two years of program development and team management experience
- Experience developing key messaging and positioning statements for emerging products or companies
- Seasoned plan writer with a knack for translating big ideas into program objectives and priorities
- Capable project manager across several distinct teams or large-scale projects
- Media relations expert
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Effective teacher, coach and talent developer
- Direct, transparent, inclusive interpersonal communication skills
- Collaborative approach to public relations
- Track-record of sustained, quality work in fast-paced environments
- A portfolio of work that exemplifies original ideas, expert execution and strategic communication
At LaunchSquad, we care about our work, our clients and our community. We are a people-first company committed to making sure everyone has a great experience and an equal opportunity to grow and succeed. If you’re looking for a new opportunity, and you’re excited about our work and community, we’d love to hear from you.