Public Relations Vice President
San Francisco /
Public Relations – Vice President /
LaunchSquad is known for building brands from scratch. Together we create public relations programs for innovative startup and mid-stage technology, consumer lifestyle and media companies like D-Wave, Nuro, Poshmark and Twitch. We are looking for a storyteller to join our team. LaunchSquad is working remotely. We are open to remote work candidates for this opportunity.
LaunchSquad Vice Presidents are experienced storytellers, strategists and leaders. They lead a diverse client portfolio of early-to-mid-stage startups and take responsibility for building strategic public relations and editorial programs independently. They use their industry knowledge and expertise to develop trust with clients, instill confidence in teams and make strategic program and people decisions.
Vice Presidents are active contributors to the day-to-day account work. They are masterful at translating key messages into a story placement or a speaking engagement. Vice Presidents are also seasoned coaches who understand how to work with diverse talent at an individual level. They have a track record of developing original ideas, leading executives and teams and generating impactful public relations results for emerging, fast-growth companies.
In addition to leading existing accounts, Vice Presidents generate and prospect new business with LaunchSquad leaders. They are part of LaunchSquad's senior team and play a leadership role across client work, talent development and company mission.
- 12+ years of public relations experience, including several years in leadership roles at an agency or start-up technology/d2c company
- Experience developing a brand mission and narrative and crafting messaging from scratch
- Ability to turn ideas into actionable plans that align with business goals and generate public relations results
- Passion for leading teams and developing talent at an individual & account level
- Advanced writing and editing skills
- Direct, transparent, inclusive interpersonal communication skills
- Collaborative approach to public relations
- Track-record of sustained, high-quality work in fast-paced environments
- A portfolio of PR work that exemplifies brand strategy, public relations execution and leadership capabilities
At LaunchSquad, we care about our work, our clients and our community. We are a people-first company committed to making sure everyone has a great experience and an equal opportunity to grow and succeed. If you’re looking for a new opportunity, and you’re excited about our work and community, we’d love to hear from you.