La Victoria Lab – Tech /
“Intercorp operates with a single ambitious goal: to create a strong economic backbone to sustain Peru’s burgeoning middle class.”
– Fortune magazine
At La Victoria Lab we are looking for a front-end developer who wants to use their coding skills as a tool within the creative process. If you understand the creative process and are good at creating early prototypes, making it easy to test them and implementing changes in an agile way, this role is for you!
As a technologist, you will be responsible for the construction of web projects, as well as mobile and digital experiences in La Victoria Lab. As a hacker, you will question when it is necessary to build from scratch, when we can reuse code from others or connect with other existing services, prioritizing the rapid delivery of prototypes to learn from the end user.
As a designer, you will contribute to all phases of the product development life cycle, from ideation through prototyping to execution. We are not only interested in your technical ability to write code, but also your ideas about the products we are exploring, and your ability to generate a work culture that generates impact.
- You put the user at the center: You have a passion to understand and then satisfy the needs of users.
- You feel comfortable facing change: You know how to navigate uncertainty and take the necessary risks to move forward.
- You have a “T” profile: You handle a wide range of skills in different disciplines and deep technical experience in one domain.
- Make decisions based on data: You prototype continuously, experiment in an agile and iterative way, measure, identify the data and use the results to make decisions quickly.
- You want to learn: You always ask the why of things and face new challenges with curiosity and openness. You excel when you are out of your comfort zone and value feedback as a tool for growth
- You are a team player: You enjoy working as a team, especially if it is with people of other profiles.
- You have fun: You never take yourself too seriously.
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on development experience, creating and scaling digital services.
- You have been an essential part of a digital services design team, and you can contribute in any of the project phases, including user research.
- You have made deployments of different Web applications on servers such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Digital Ocean
- You have worked with some of the front-end development technologies and modern rapid development frameworks such as React, Vuejs and / or Angular, as well as supported by rapid design frameworks such as Bootstrap Tailwindcss, Bulma, etc.
- You can use library functionalities and modify them according to what the projects request.
- You have experience working in agile environments (SCRUM, XP, Kanban, Lean, or DevOps) and a point of view on how agile processes must work to move quickly.
- You have experience integrating the applications you build through APIs (RESTful, SOAP).
What We Offer
- A purpose-driven organization: Intercorp is intensely focused on a unique and ambitious dream: To make Peru the best place to raise a family in Latin America. At La Victoria Lab, we use Human-Centered Innovation to help make this happen.
- An innovative learning platform: Opportunity to design, execute and live learning experiences within Intercorp and outside.
- Access to a global network: With leaders and experts in the areas of innovation and technology, as well as industry leaders in financial services, retail, education, healthcare and more. Some examples of these include: IDEO, Polymath, Bionic, among others.
ABOUT LA VICTORIA LAB
Founded in 2014, La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp group, where we reimagine and rethink the future of our companies and the experiences we provide to our users. We work in partnership with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate group, with a portfolio of 35 companies that spans a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, healthcare, and education, all aiming to serve Peru’s families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 80,000 Peruvians, accounting for 4% of the country’s GDP, and it has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.