La Victoria Lab – Design /
“Intercorp operates with a single ambitious goal: to create a strong economic backbone to sustain Peru’s burgeoning middle class.”
– Fortune magazine
YOUR ROLE AS A UX/UI DESIGNER IN AN INNOVATION LAB
As a Designer at La Victoria Lab, you will have the opportunity to work on a diversity of projects that aim to rethink Intercorp's core businesses through a human-centered design approach. You will constantly be wearing different hats, from designing and running experiments around new solutions for the group, to coaching business teams on new ways of work, and interacting with key stakeholders.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will bring the design muscle of digital products and services to a multidisciplinary team, in a context of high uncertainty. You combine imagination and vision with a tenacious ability to get things done. You are able to identify and prioritize the needs and expectations of our users, but also understand what it takes to be able to deliver on that service.
What you bring
- You have 0-3 years of professional work experience in fields related to design, eg. product design, graphic or visual design and interactive design.
- You are comfortable in all stages of the design process, from research to prototyping, but you enjoy it more when you are getting your hands dirty.
- You are a hands-on thinker who likes to make things happen.
- You are able to produce prototypes and experiments fast, and listen to feedback to improve on your ideas.
- You have experience working with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Suite, Figma, Sketch, Marvel, and Google Suite.
- You are highly adaptable and comfortable in ambiguous and ever-changing contexts
- You are able to design and lead usability tests with users.
- You are assertive when proposing new ideas, but you can also leave your ideas behind.
- Ability to discuss and defend your ideas fluently in both Spanish and English (English is the official language of La Victoria, Lab).
What we offer
- A mission-driven organization. Intercorp is intently focused on a single ambitious dream: to create the next generation of modern services for Peru’s middle-class families.
- A tangible impact. While most innovation consultants struggle to see a fraction of their work reach the market, we are gratified to see almost all our designs being used by real people, because of a single reason: innovation at Intercorp is strongly sponsored by our shareholders.
- A learning springboard. Our teams work across a wide portfolio of industries – which is probably our greatest asset for continuous learning – but we also learn from conferences and inspirational trips all around the planet, as well as from best-in-class partners such as IDEO.
- A culture of autonomy. We cultivate a virtuous circle of trust and empowerment, which begins with our extremely rigorous hiring process.
- A sense of community. We only work with folks who have huge hearts and a great sense of humor.
About La Victoria Lab
Founded in 2014, La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp Group, where we design the future of our companies and the offerings we provide to Peruvian families. We partner with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate, with a portfolio of 35 companies that spans a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, education, and healthcare, all aiming to serve Peru’s middle-class families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 80,000 Peruvians, accounting for 4% of the country’s GDP, and it has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.