Lima District, Lima Region, Peru
La Victoria Lab – Design
“Intercorp operates with a single ambitious goal: to create a strong economic backbone to sustain Peru’s burgeoning middle class.”
– Fortune magazine
La Victoria Lab is a small multidisciplinary group of creatives who use human-centered innovation to improve the lives of Peruvian families. Partnering with design consultancy IDEO, we help Intercorp – Peru's largest business conglomerate – to reshape its companies and rethink their future.
We are currently seeking potential senior designers to work closely with designers from La Victoria Lab and IDEO, as well as with business changemakers and global quality tech partners, to turn ideas into reality using a learn-while-doing approach.
You want to create an impact on the world. You are a lifelong learner, human-centered, and digitally curious person. You take design challenges to the next level, while boosting your team’s creative energy and managing company leaders’ anxiety, and you do so throughout the chaos of the innovation journey. Most importantly, you combine imagination and vision with the tenacity to get things done.
- You are a high-level systemic thinker who sees connections where others don’t.
- You know how to create a circle of trust where others feel they can grow in meaningful ways.
- You are able to translate observations into powerful insights.
- You are highly adaptable and feel comfortable in ambiguous and always-changing contexts.
- You are assertive when proposing new ideas, but also able to leave your ideas behind.
- You are able to build rapport with diverse audiences, such as users, colleagues, and partners.
- You have at least 5 years of professional work experience.
- Your curiosity to learn has spurred you to live in different places.
- Your problem-solving mindset is more important to us than your educational background – some of the most brilliant designers on our team have degrees in Biology, Philosophy, Anthropology and Architecture.
- You are able to discuss and defend your ideas fluently in both Spanish and English (English is the official language of La Victoria, since we work with IDEO designers all year long).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A mission-driven organization. Intercorp is intently focused on a single ambitious dream: to create the next generation of modern services for Peru’s middle-class families.
- A tangible impact. While most innovation consultants struggle to see a fraction of their work reach the market, we are gratified to see almost all our designs being used by real people, because of a single reason: innovation at Intercorp is strongly sponsored by our shareholders.
- A learning springboard. Our teams work across a wide portfolio of industries – which is probably our greatest asset for continuous learning – but we also learn from conferences and inspirational trips all around the planet, as well as from best-in-class partners such as IDEO.
- A culture of autonomy. We cultivate a virtuous circle of trust and empowerment, which begins with our extremely rigorous hiring process.
- A sense of family. We only work with folks who have huge hearts and a great sense of humor.
Important note: Since we don't believe in title-based career development but rather impact-driven growth journeys, La Victoria Lab is a place where designers at all levels are constantly entrusted with more complex challenges as they become more seasoned over time.
ABOUT LA VICTORIA LAB
Founded in 2014, La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp group, where we reimagine and rethink the future of our companies and the experiences we provide to our users. We work in partnership with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate group, with a portfolio of 35 companies that spans a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, healthcare, and education, all aiming to serve Peru’s families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 80,000 Peruvians, accounting for 4% of the country’s GDP, and it has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.