Business Design Lead
Lima District, Lima Region, Peru /
La Victoria Lab – Design /
“Intercorp operates with a single ambitious goal: to create a strong economic backbone to sustain Peru’s burgeoning middle class.”
– Fortune magazine
La Victoria Lab is a small multidisciplinary group of creatives who use human-centered innovation to improve the lives of Peruvian families and reimagine the core of Intercorp business. We work across industries as diverse as financial services, retail, education and healthcare, focusing on bringing ideas to life by researching, learning, and iterating our way to transformation at scale to serve Peruvian families.
YOUR ROLE AS A BUSINESS DESIGNER IN AN INNOVATION LAB
The Business designer role at La Victoria Lab requires a unique blend of real-world experience, strategy and a mix of entrepreneurial spirit. As a business designer, you will constantly explore trends, markets and identify needs in order to use strategy, analysis, and financial modeling as generative design tools to deliver new offers and solutions to the market.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate and prototype continuously: You bring market-leading offerings and new opportunities to explore. You use business models and market-leading offerings as vehicles to push new opportunities forward, to explore, and help others gain more confidence in ideas.
- You are eager to have a positive impact: You are purpose driven and therefore generate new design opportunities by thinking creatively about financial impacts, risks, experiments, and data.
- You want to learn and are open to change: You always ask the why of things and face new challenges with curiosity and openness. You know how to navigate ambiguity and take the necessary risks to move forward. You excel when you are out of your comfort zone and value feedback as a tool for growth.
- You elevate others with empathy: You enjoy working as a team and seeing others succeed.
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have at least +4 years of hands-on experience in entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, commercial or product, where you had to define and track KPIs, and developed and iterate business models.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in product strategy, business strategy or entrepreneurship.
- You know how to analyze multiple data sets, industries, companies and business opportunities, extract actionable insights and pull together quantitative and qualitative feedback and the client view into a common point of view.
- You can partner with a diverse group of world-class designers to create new and evolve existing products, services, and experiences to promote positive impact for our clientsYou feel comfortable in developing leadership skills through leading teams and developing business skills.
- You feel comfortable managing stakeholders and clients and enjoy helping teams navigate those relationships.
- You have the ability to work in an often ambiguous and dynamic environment and you feel comfortable collaborating with multidisciplinary design teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A mission-driven organization. Intercorp is intently focused on a single ambitious dream: to make Peru the best place to raise a family in Latin America.
- A tangible impact. Almost all of our designs are used by real people, because of a single reason: innovation at Intercorp is strongly sponsored by our shareholders.A growth opportunity: you will co-lead some of the main innovative experiences at Intercorp, with the aim of taking over the leadership of the FEST in the coming 1-2 years.
- A chance for deep learning: you will go through a diverse array of content to find the right message and delivery for Intercorp’s audience, learning about what is recently possible and understanding some of the world’s leading best practices, and working alongside best-in-class partners such as IDEO.
- A culture of autonomy. We cultivate a virtuous circle of trust and empowerment, which begins with our extremely rigorous hiring process.
- A sense of community. We only work with folks who have huge hearts and a great sense of humor.
About La Victoria Lab
Founded in 2014, La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp Group, where we design the future of our companies and the offerings we provide to Peruvian families. We partner with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate, with a portfolio of 35 companies that spans a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, education, and healthcare, all aiming to serve Peru’s middle-class families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 80,000 Peruvians, accounting for 4% of the country’s GDP, and it has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.