Founding Director for a new Educational Venture
Lima District, Lima Region, Peru
La Victoria Lab – Intercorp
“Intercorp operates with a single ambitious goal: to create a strong economic backbone to sustain Peru’s burgeoning middle class.”
– Fortune magazine
The shortage of qualified digital skills in Latin America is slowing down social progress and the opportunities to embrace a digital global economy.
For this reason, and inspired by world-class players that are rethinking education, Intercorp is creating a new education venture by 2018, a world class professional learning organization that will empower students and professionals with the skills and mindsets to build the new generation of digital products and services. At first it will be located in Lima, with a goal of expanding to other countries in Latin America.
We are looking for a founding Director who will hold the vision and purpose of the new venture and will push forward the creation and implementation of a world-class digital learning environment.
- Lead the implementation of the new venture, with a student-centered approach and an iterative mindset; and focus on accomplishing business plan goals.
- Hire and lead a multidisciplinary team to build a world-class digital learning environment.
- Communicate the vision and get people excited about what you’re doing, enough to make them be your champions and early adopters.
- Consolidate and manage partnerships with top education institutions, cutting-edge companies, and world-wide experts.
- Develop and expand the portfolio of educational offerings and programs.
- You are a high-level systemic thinker who sees connections where others don’t.
- You have an entrepreneur mindset.
- You are a lifelong learner and digitally curious.
- You combine imagination and vision with a tenacious ability to get things done.
- You have an experimentation mindset and continuously iterate based on learnings.
- You are able to build rapport with diverse audiences, such as students, experts, partners, and stakeholders.
- You are a great communicator, and fluent in both Spanish and English.
- At least 10 years of professional work experience.
- Experience in leading a team, organization or business unit, having been accountable of operational or financial KPIs.
- Experience creating new businesses or building products, ideally digital.
- High interest or experience in rethinking education.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and planning skills.
WHAT THIS EXPERIENCE WILL OFFER YOU
- A mission-driven organization. Intercorp is intently focused on a single, ambitious dream: to create the next generation of modern services for Peruvian families.
- A tangible impact. You will have the chance to rethink educational experiences in Latin America and help create the region’s future disruptors and digital innovators.
- A collaborative community. You will work closely with La Victoria Lab’s (Intercorp’s Innovation Lab) and IDEO’s (our partner on user-centered design) multidisciplinary teams of designers, as well as with a network of world-class advisors, thought partners, and industry leaders.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate group, spanning a portfolio of 33 companies across a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, entertainment, hospitality, healthcare, and education, all aiming to serve Peru’s middle-class families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 60,000 Peruvians, accounting for more than 2.7% of the country’s GDP, and it has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.