[Experienced] Service Designer
Lima District, Lima Region, Peru
La Victoria Lab – Design
“Intercorp operates with a single ambitious goal: to create a strong economic backbone to sustain Peru’s burgeoning middle class.”
– Fortune magazine
La Victoria Lab is a small multidisciplinary group of creatives who use human-centered innovation to improve the lives of Peruvian families. Partnering with the global design consultancy IDEO, we help Intercorp – Peru's largest business conglomerate – to reshape its companies and rethink their future.
We are currently seeking a service design practitioner with strong skills across a variety of disciplines including qualitative research, service design, visual communication, business process analysis, and possibly interaction design, to work closely with designers from La Victoria Lab and IDEO, as well as with business changemakers and thought leaders to turn ideas into reality using a learning-by-doing approach.
As a Designer at La Victoria Lab, you will have the opportunity to work on a diversity of projects that aim to rethink Intercorp's core businesses through a human-centered design approach. In the short and medium term, you will be working within La Victoria Lab's Digital Transformation team, which combines strategic thinking, technology and creative design to support the continuous transformation of Intercorp companies into more agile, Internet-era organizations. You will constantly be wearing different hats, from designing and running experiments around new solutions for the group, to coaching business teams on new ways of work, and interacting with key stakeholders.
- You are a high-level systemic thinker who sees connections where others don’t.
- You have a bias to action and love bringing concepts to life to validate ideas.
- You seek to ask the right questions over having the right answers.
- You have an entrepreneurial, hands-on attitude and feel comfortable in ambiguous and always-changing contexts.
- You are assertive when proposing new ideas, but also able to leave your ideas behind and incorporate feedback from others.
- You are a lifelong learner, human-centered, and digitally curious person.
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in service design-related disciplines e.g. UX/UI, systems/service design, visual and interaction design, strategy consulting, etc.
- Proven designs and experience of launched concepts that have been implemented in the real world.
- Experience with the human centered design / design thinking process - with strengths in concepting, ideation, and iterative prototyping.
- Knowledge working with design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Mailchimp, Sketch, Figma and Google Suite.
- Ability to discuss and defend your ideas fluently in both Spanish and English (English is the official language of La Victoria, Lab).
- You have experience working in large corporate environments on digital and organizational transformation challenges.
- Your curiosity to learn has spurred you to live and travel in different places.
- Experience managing and executing an end-to-end design project with multiple stakeholders involved
DESIRABLE IF YOU:
WHAT WE OFFER
- A mission-driven organization. Intercorp is intently focused on a single ambitious dream: to create the next generation of modern services for Peru’s middle-class families.
- A tangible impact. While most innovation consultants struggle to see a fraction of their work reach the market, we are gratified to see almost all our designs being used by real people, because of a single reason: innovation at Intercorp is strongly sponsored by our shareholders.
- A learning springboard. Our teams work across a wide portfolio of industries – which is probably our greatest asset for continuous learning – but we also learn from conferences and inspirational trips all around the planet, as well as from best-in-class partners such as IDEO.
- A culture of autonomy. We cultivate a virtuous circle of trust and empowerment, which begins with our extremely rigorous hiring process.
- A sense of family. We only work with folks who have huge hearts and a great sense of humor.
Important note: Since we don't believe in title-based career development but rather impact-driven growth journeys, La Victoria Lab is a place where designers at all levels are constantly entrusted with more complex challenges as they become more seasoned over time.
ABOUT LA VICTORIA LAB
Founded in 2014, La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp group, where we reimagine and rethink the future of our companies and the experiences we provide to our users. We work in partnership with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate group, with a portfolio of 35 companies that spans a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, healthcare, and education, all aiming to serve Peru’s families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 80,000 Peruvians, accounting for 4% of the country’s GDP, and it has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.