Lima District, Lima Region, Peru
La Victoria Lab – Design
“Intercorp operates with a single ambitious goal: to create a strong economic backbone to sustain Peru’s burgeoning middle class.”
– Fortune magazine
La Victoria Lab is a small multidisciplinary group of creatives who use human-centered innovation to improve the lives of Peruvian families. Partnering with design consultancy IDEO, we help Intercorp – Peru's largest business conglomerate – to reshape its companies and rethink their future.
The Design Researcher plays a key role in our innovation journey, by guiding the whole team through the research process, delivering world-class insights, identifying opportunities to revolutionize the experience users have and bringing the voice of the user through the prototyping and creation process.
- You have a passion for understanding people, their behaviors, attitudes, and motivations.
- You enjoy doing research, but also have a hunger for creating solutions that impact the world positively.
- You are comfortable pursuing different qualitative research techniques: interviews, group conversations, user diaries, cultural probes, co-creation, shadowing, observation, etc.
- You are highly empathetic and bring a fresh outlook to analyze new contexts, by quickly identifying and questioning hidden assumptions.
- You have a great ability at analyzing, synthesizing and communicating information collected in the field.
- You enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams and are comfortable in an ambiguous work environment.
- You are familiar or eager to learn the human-centered design methodology.
- You have a degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, or similar, but you don’t mind crossing disciplinary boundaries.
- You have at least 3 years of professional work experience.
- You are able to discuss and defend your ideas fluently in both Spanish and English (English is the official language of La Victoria Lab, since we work with IDEO designers all year long).
WHAT WE OFFER
- A mission-driven organization. Intercorp is intently focused on a single ambitious dream: to create the next generation of modern services for Peru’s middle-class families.
- A tangible impact. While most innovation consultants struggle to see a fraction of their work reach the market, we are gratified to see almost all our designs being used by real people, because of a single reason: innovation at Intercorp is strongly sponsored by our shareholders.
- A learning springboard. Our teams work across a wide portfolio of industries – which is probably our greatest asset for continuous learning – but we also learn from conferences and inspirational trips all around the planet, as well as from best-in-class partners such as IDEO.
- A culture of autonomy. We cultivate a virtuous circle of trust and empowerment, which begins with our extremely rigorous hiring process.
- A sense of family. We only work with folks who have huge hearts and a great sense of humor.
ABOUT LA VICTORIA LAB
Founded in 2014, La Victoria Lab is the innovation lab of the Intercorp group, where we reimagine and rethink the future of our companies and the experiences we provide to our users. We work in partnership with IDEO, the world's leading design and innovation consultancy firm, to create new products and services based on people's needs.
Intercorp is Peru’s largest conglomerate group, spanning a portfolio of 33 companies across a diverse array of sectors, including financial services, retail, entertainment, hospitality, healthcare, and education, all aiming to serve Peru’s middle-class families. All together, Intercorp employs more than 60,000 Peruvians, accounting for more than 2.7% of the country’s GDP, and it has managed to achieve all of this in just two decades.