Senior Frontend Developer
Layer is a collaborative and fully extensible data platform which makes data science accessible to companies of all sizes by enabling them to trust, collaborate on, and leverage their data for impactful insights and data driven business logic and decisions.
In order to make data driven decisions, you need to trust your data. And to trust your data, you need SSoT (Single Source of Truth) practice in your data organisation. Implementing this practice is only possible in a collaborative data platform, by building reliable, uniform and reusable/reproducible pipelines.
Layer has an all remote culture as we aspire to work with the best talent, no matter where they live. We firmly believe that exceptional companies can only be built by exceptional people, who are passionate about their work, grounded, achieve more with less, full of grit, challenge themselves and their team relentlessly to do better, and have radical candor. Our team and culture is paramount to all else.
Your mission in this role is to design and build web applications that our users can interact with their data in the best way possible. You will be building interfaces so that our users can explore their big data and turn into meaningful/actionable insights. To achieve this, you will be part of all stages of product development from idea-generation to shipping. You will be in constant communication with all other vertical teams of product development such as backend developers to put together a solution to our users’ needs.
- Having built complex, performant UIs with clean code and architecture
- Significant experience with TypeScript and React are definite requirements for this role. You are also expected to have used Webpack, ESLint, SCSS, Redux.
- Although not must-have, GraphQL and redux-saga experiences are a big plus.
- Blueprint.js, Python/Django, API Design, backend development, Figma experiences are nice-to-have.
- Open source contributions are a plus.
What we value
- Strong communication skills in this multi-national open environment.
- Skills to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Interest in working in a dynamic environment with dynamic objectives.
Technologies we use
- We favor and support open-source.
- Apache Spark is at the core of our platform.
- We use Scala on the core engine, Java/Python/Django/GraphQL on the backend and TypeScript on the frontend (with Blueprint JS as our design toolkit/system).
- Kubernetes & Terraform & AWS are important parts of our stack and deployment model.
What we offer
- All-remote work style, work anywhere. Currently we prefer teammates to be within UTC to UTC+5
- Equity plan
- Highly competitive salary (above-market rates)
- Private medical care