San Francisco, CA
Layer1 is an engineering-driven investment and infrastructure platform, backed by world-class investors including Peter Thiel and Digital Currency Group. We take concentrated bets on promising blockchain protocols and build critical technology to support their global impact.
We are building a specialized mining operation and custody infrastructure for a new proof-of-work privacy coin and are looking for passionate contrarians to join our growing team.
Our team has previous experience at the world's leading technology companies, global multi-$B hedge funds, and the most established cryptocurrency projects including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stellar, and Grin.
As Mining Engineer at Layer1, you will be working alongside the Head of Mining Operations, so this role comes with significant autonomy and responsibility. You will be part of building and running a large mining operation for a coin with interactive transaction construction.
- Build disk images, deploy them to miners, and monitor their performance
- Improve and optimize GPU miner code (GPGPU Programming)
- Write advanced software tooling to interface between our mining and custodying software, as well as other infrastructural glue
- Perform threat-model analysis and actionable planning
- Deep experience in systems programming and distributed systems, with an ability to write highly performant and low level code
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proven experience with medium to large scale GPU mining
- Expertise in GPGPU programming
- Familiarity with Rust
- Functional knowledge of cryptography and cryptocurrencies
- Relay incredibly complex ideas in simple terms
- Have a security and adversarially-oriented mindset
- Stay relentlessly resourceful
- Take ownership and have a bias to action
- Prioritize analytical rigor and operational transparency
This is an opportunity to join a growing and dedicated team that is passionate about solving difficult inter-disciplinary problems. We are well-funded and offer competitive compensation in both equity and salary.
If you are interested, please reach out by sending us an email with your resume and subject line “Mining Engineer Applicant” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Layer1 Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.