Director of English Learners (EL)
Greater Nashville Area, TN
Administrative – NeST
LEAD Public Schools grows both students and staff. We are expanding high-quality education throughout the Nashville area, and we need thoughtful, growth minded staff members to do that work. LEAD Public Schools employees are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the core, always striving to become a better educator, and finding ways to infuse fun and joy into the work environment. We are always on the lookout for how to make LEAD Public Schools a better place for our scholars and our families. #whyILEAD
LEAD Public Schools is a network of six public charter schools in Nashville, Tennessee. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees. The first five graduating classes of LEAD Academy High School -- the first in the school's history -- all earned 100 percent acceptance to college. Our academic success is rooted in the foundation of social-emotional learning programs and practices, including a commitment to Crew and our five Ethos: our students and staff members LEAD because they are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and, above else, they always SERVE OTHERS.
There are many public charter schools and many models. LEAD Public Schools prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love, taking head on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent.
The Director of English Learners (EL) leads the instructional support of our EL students across our network of 6 schools. This includes designing and implementing an EL curriculum, supporting the EL staff throughout the network through training and development, coordinating testing and all EL assessments, and providing data analysis on the outcomes of our work in supporting EL students. The Director of EL is a member of the academic team and works to guide LEAD Public Schools as we work to meet the needs of all of our learners.
English Learner Program Support (EL)
- Designing, implementing and executing an EL curriculum across grades 5-12
- Creating and implementing an EL vision in partnership with the Special Education Directors and School Leaders
- Providing coaching and support campus based EL Coordinators
- Overseeing progress monitoring of EL and LEP students
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal mandates for EL students
- Monitoring paperwork as it relates to EL support, oversight, and communication
- Providing recommendations for school based staffing models to ensure that our EL students have their needs met
EL Instructional Support
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and sustain classroom practices that work to maintain high achievement and eliminate the racial and economic predictability and disproportionality of student achievement.
- Design and implement effective training for classroom teachers to help them meet the needs of their EL students
- Provide training and consultation to administration, support staff and parents in the area of English Learning to improve instructional capacity and student outcomes
- Mentoring EL Teachers
EL Student Evaluation and Assessment Support
- Coordinate and supervise the delivery of the ACCESS test across all 6 LEAD Public Schools’ campuses and any other EL district and state assessments
- Reviewing ACCESS results to determine the effectiveness of LEAD Public Schools’ EL programming and support for ELL students
- Monitoring screening procedures and annual assessment of ELs and completing screening and assessment for our students
- Ability to perform data analysis and leverage data driven instructional protocols
- Interpret data from EL assessments and make data driven decisions to support the needs of our students
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master's in ELL highly preferred
- Valid TN ELL Initial or Professional License highly preferred
- Demonstrated success in raising the achievement levels of traditionally under-served students preferred
- Demonstrated success in coaching and mentoring adults
- A belief in the mission and values of LEAD
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.