Finance & Administration Intern (Part Time)
Administrative – NeST
Be a LEADer. Join the team at LEAD Public Schools
LEAD Public Schools seeks an Intern for the 18-19 School Year to support the Finance and Administrative teams at LEAD Public Schools. This position will provide an intern the opportunity to gain experience at the largest charter management organization in Nashville and relevant administrative skills.
Major Performance Responsibilities and Duties:
The intern will assist in the following responsibilities:
· Finance support such as depositing checks and supporting vendor projects including filing paperwork and updating spreadsheets
· Data entry into fundraising and financial systems
· Clerical support such as printing, typing and scanning documents
· Administrative support such as placing orders, sorting mail and making bank deposits
· Other duties as requested
· Basic experience with either Microsoft Excel and Word or Google Docs and Spreadsheets.
· Basic experience with data entry.
· Other general administrative or clerical experience preferred.
· Post-secondary experience preferred. An ideal candidate would be a undergraduate or graduate student with coursework or experience in administrative tasks.
Other Qualifications or Characteristics:
· Applicants should be enthusiastic about K-12 education and have a belief in LEAD’s mission
· Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
· Hard worker who is organized and detail oriented
· Intern must have access to reliable transportation as this position will require occasional travel to other school campuses and to the bank
This position will be expected to work 10-15 hours per week on site. Compensation will be $12 per hour.