Finance & Administration Intern (Part Time)
Administrative – NeST
LEAD Public Schools grows both students and staff. We are expanding high-quality education throughout the Nashville area and we need thoughtful, growth minded, team drive staff members to do that work. LEAD Public Schools employees are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the core, always striving to become a better educator, and finding ways to infuse fun and joy into the work environment. We are always on the lookout for how to make LEAD Public Schools a better place for our scholars and our families. #whyILEAD
LEAD Public Schools is a network of six public charter schools in Nashville, Tennessee. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees. We are the largest charter school provider in one of the nation's most vibrant cities.
Founded in 2007 as LEAD Academy in North Nashville, LEAD Public Schools has grown from a fifth- and sixth-grade school of 92 students to become Nashville's largest charter management organization with six schools serving the needs of more than 2,600 students as of the 2018-2019 school year. The first five graduating classes of LEAD Academy High School -- the first in the school's history -- all earned 100 percent acceptance to college. Our academic success is rooted in the foundation of social-emotional learning programs and practices, including a commitment to Crew and our five Ethos: our students and staff members LEAD because they are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and, above else, they always SERVE OTHERS.
There are many public charter schools and many models. LEAD Public Schools prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love - taking head on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent.
Be a LEADer. Join the team at LEAD Public Schools
LEAD Public Schools seeks an Intern for the 18-19 School Year to support the Finance and Administrative teams at LEAD Public Schools. This position will provide an intern the opportunity to gain experience at the largest charter management organization in Nashville and relevant administrative skills.
Major Performance Responsibilities and Duties:
The intern will assist in the following responsibilities:
· Finance support such as depositing checks and supporting vendor projects including filing paperwork and updating spreadsheets
· Data entry into fundraising and financial systems
· Clerical support such as printing, typing and scanning documents
· Administrative support such as placing orders, sorting mail and making bank deposits
· Other duties as requested
· Basic experience with either Microsoft Excel and Word or Google Docs and Spreadsheets.
· Basic experience with data entry.
· Other general administrative or clerical experience preferred.
· Post-secondary experience preferred. An ideal candidate would be a undergraduate or graduate student with coursework or experience in administrative tasks.
Other Qualifications or Characteristics:
· Applicants should be enthusiastic about K-12 education and have a belief in LEAD’s mission
· Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
· Hard worker who is organized and detail oriented
· Intern must have access to reliable transportation as this position will require occasional travel to other school campuses and to the bank
This position will be expected to work 10-15 hours per week on site. Compensation will be $12 per hour.
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.