Greater Nashville Area, TN /
Administrative – School Leadership /
JOB TITLE: ELL Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Principal
Be a LEADer. LEAD and teach ELL at LEAD Public Schools
LEAD Public Schools seeks an ELL (English Language Learner) Coordinator who possess an unwavering belief that all students can achieve at high levels and a strong commitment to going above and beyond to meet their students’ needs to prepare them for college and for life.
ELL Coordinator’s administer all aspects of the English Language Learner (ELL) program and provides instruction where needed. ELL Coordinators are responsible for working with teachers across the school to improve student learning, teacher practice, and working with small groups of students on an as needed basis (position will require a teaching caseload). The ELL coordinator plans and implements individual and group professional learning that will expand and refine understanding about research-based effective instruction.
Our staff works relentlessly with their teammates to ensure that all of their students meet the established Tennessee standards by the end of the year (ACCESS testing). This incredible work is done through coaching and support from administration, implementing regular feedback, collaboration with colleagues, data analysis, and working to make sure that students who come in below grade level rise above the challenges they face.
- Establish and execute school wide vision for English Language Learner program at designated campus.
- Teach 1-2 sections of ELD each day, focusing primarily on a targeted and leveled group of students. Plan and implement curriculum, as set by network.
- Observe content teachers for ELL practices and provide consistent support via small groups or teacher coaching of practical and implantable skills for English Language learners.
- Plan professional development quarterly, concerning trends and growth areas of ELL program. Delivered to all content teachers.
- Consistently analyze data of English language learners in general education and ELL-focused classrooms. Develop action plans based on data.
- Act as liaison between network Director of ELL and school level leadership.
- Attend school level instructional team meetings once per week.
- Advocate for programmatic change and shifts, based on data, at the campus level.
- Perform daily activities associated with role as LEAD High School teacher, including but not limited to duties, grade level meetings, content meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in collaborative learning with staff, grade level team meetings, and planning across content areas to develop school wide strategies
- Collaborate with team members to support student progress monitoring, grade level initiatives, and grade level culture components, through data analysis
- Our ideal ELL Coordinator is passionate about teaching, loves working with students who need the most support, is flexible, is coachable, and wants to grow as a teacher.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years teaching experience preferred, but not required. Previous experience with diverse student populations or in an urban setting preferred. Previous experience supporting teachers, planning professional development, and coordinating instruction/intervention/projects within a school
- Education: Bachelor's degree is required; masters’ preferred
- Other Qualifications or Characteristics: Candidates must have either (a) valid Tennessee teaching license with the appropriate content endorsement to teach ELL, or (b) a valid out of state license that can successfully be transferred to Tennessee within 90 days of employment, or (c) demonstrate you are on track to complete the necessary steps towards certification in Tennessee.
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.