Middle School Teacher 2019-20
Instructional – All Subjects- Middle School
LEAD Public Schools grows both students and staff. We are expanding high-quality education throughout the Nashville area, and we need thoughtful, growth minded staff members to do that work. LEAD Public Schools employees are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the core, always striving to become a better educator, and finding ways to infuse fun and joy into the work environment. We are always on the lookout for how to make LEAD Public Schools a better place for our scholars and our families. #whyILEAD
LEAD Public Schools is a network of six public charter schools in Nashville, Tennessee. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees. The first five graduating classes of LEAD Academy High School -- the first in the school's history -- all earned 100 percent acceptance to college. Our academic success is rooted in the foundation of social-emotional learning programs and practices, including a commitment to Crew and our five Ethos: our students and staff members LEAD because they are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and, above else, they always SERVE OTHERS.
There are many public charter schools and many models. LEAD Public Schools prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love, taking head on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent.
Job Title: Middle School Teacher 2019-20
Reports to: School Director, Dean of Instruction, Content Team Leader
Be a LEADer. Teach at LEAD Public Schools.
Our ideal teacher is passionate about teaching, loves working with students who need the most support, is flexible, is coachable, and wants to grow as a teacher leader.
The LEAD Environment
Our teachers work relentlessly with their teammates to ensure students show academic and personal growth by the end of the year. This incredible work is done through coaching and support from administration, implementing regular feedback, collaboration with colleagues, data analysis, and working to make sure that students who come in below grade level rise above the challenges they face.
What you can expect from LEAD
· LEAD develops teachers by focusing on excellence in teaching. To do so, we coach teachers and center professional development through “Teach Like a Champion.”
· LEAD will help develop your abilities as an educator through our differentiated professional development, coaching and support
· LEAD provides opportunities for growth and leadership both within and outside the classroom.
· LEAD provides the framework (scope and sequence) for core subjects to help guide you through your lesson planning.
· LEAD schools have a mission aligned staff that believes in the success of all of our students, regardless of their background. Staff holds our students to high expectations in their work, behavior, and development as the future of our community
· LEAD provides support through our Dean of Instruction (academics), Dean of Culture (student support), and Data and Assessment Coordinator (data interpretation) to allow you to grow and develop while you are supporting our students in their education
· A results-oriented history of personal achievement
· A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
· A passion to work relentlessly within a team to help close the achievement and opportunity gap
· A data-driven mindset
· The discipline to self-reflect, the hunger to continuously improve, and a willingness to grow and develop as a teacher through observations, feedback, and coaching conversations
· Desire to connect to students and make course material relevant to students
· Current certification or ability to be certified for the 2019-20 school year in Tennessee (required) ( Grades K-5th, Grades 4-8th, or Grade 6-12th cert.)
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.