High School- ELL Teacher (2019-20)
Greater Nashville Area, TN
Instructional – All Subjects- High School
LEAD Public Schools grows both students and staff. We are expanding high-quality education throughout the Nashville area, and we need thoughtful, growth minded staff members to do that work. LEAD Public Schools employees are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the core, always striving to become a better educator, and finding ways to infuse fun and joy into the work environment. We are always on the lookout for how to make LEAD Public Schools a better place for our scholars and our families. #whyILEAD
LEAD Public Schools is a network of six public charter schools in Nashville, Tennessee. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees. The first five graduating classes of LEAD Academy High School -- the first in the school's history -- all earned 100 percent acceptance to college. Our academic success is rooted in the foundation of social-emotional learning programs and practices, including a commitment to Crew and our five Ethos: our students and staff members LEAD because they are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and, above else, they always SERVE OTHERS.
There are many public charter schools and many models. LEAD Public Schools prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love, taking head on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent.
- Deliver high quality instruction to all levels of English Language Learners
- Collaborate with Gen Ed. Teachers throughout the building to ensure ELL students can access grade level content
- Problem solve with the ELL Coordinator and other teachers
- Ensure that your staff know your ELL students (ELL learning planning distribution, Can Do descriptors, classroom services and accommodations, etc.)
- Support compliance in ELL files within cumulative folders
- Know and implement appropriate accommodations for ELL students during NIA and TNReady assessments
- Track Transitional students (T1-T4) who have already exited, to monitor continued growth or reassess services needed if growth is not made (minimum of once per quarter)
- Uphold the LEAD Ethos in service of fostering a school culture of respect, responsibility, and engagement in learning
- A results-oriented history of personal achievement
- A belief that all students, regardless of background and current ability, can succeed in high school, college, and life
- Passionate about supporting students learning English
- A passion to work relentlessly within a team to help close the achievement and opportunity gap
- A data-driven mindset
- The discipline to self-reflect and the hunger to continuously improve and a willingness to grow and develop as a teacher through observations, feedback, and coaching conversations
- Current certification or ability to be certified in ESL Pre K-12th Grade for the 2019-20 school year in Tennessee (required)
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.