Director of Development
Administrative – NeST
LEAD Public Schools grows both students and staff. We are expanding high-quality education throughout the Nashville area, and we need thoughtful, growth minded staff members to do that work. LEAD Public Schools employees are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the core, always striving to become a better educator, and finding ways to infuse fun and joy into the work environment. We are always on the lookout for how to make LEAD Public Schools a better place for our scholars and our families. #whyILEAD
LEAD Public Schools is a network of six public charter schools in Nashville, Tennessee. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees. The first five graduating classes of LEAD Academy High School -- the first in the school's history -- all earned 100 percent acceptance to college. Our academic success is rooted in the foundation of social-emotional learning programs and practices, including a commitment to Crew and our five Ethos: our students and staff members LEAD because they are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and, above else, they always SERVE OTHERS.
There are many public charter schools and many models. LEAD Public Schools prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love, taking head on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent.
LEAD Public Schools seeks a proven development professional to join its staff which supports 2,500 students and over 300 faculty members on 6 campuses in Nashville, Tennessee. The Director of Development will work closely with the Board of Directors and CEO to craft and execute a strategic fundraising plan encompassing the current school year and beyond.
The Director of Development will operate in all aspects of the organization’s private philanthropy, including: individual donor management, database maintenance, grants, event planning and execution.
Development and Fund Raising
- Partner with CEO to create fundraising goals and solicit funds to meet goals
- Design, develop, implement, and manage a fundraising strategy for LEAD Public Schools
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising plan for development including major events, individual giving programs, corporate and foundation relations, and donor services operations
- Identify new donors and organizations to solicit funds to meet development goals
- Responsible for developing major gift opportunities and writing grant proposals
- Create a strong fundraising message that appeals to potential donors
- Work closely with CEO to raise awareness for the organization and craft messages appropriate to multiple stakeholders
- Develop relationships with and directly solicit current and potential funders and partners that lead to increased contributed revenue for the organization
- Be accountable for organization development goals
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, Board Development Committee, and CEO to cultivate donor relationships and other partnerships leading to a more robust individual and corporate giving program
- Manage multiple fundraising events and their respective budgets
- Provide support to CEO in prospecting research, drafting grant proposals and reports, tracking and acknowledging funding sources, and other activities involving solicitation of major gift and institutional donors
- Manage participation of NeST leadership team in development activities to ensure that the organization's financial objectives are met through meaningful and effective relationships
- Oversee maintenance of Salesforce donor services database and email marketing campaigns (when relevant to fundraising)
- Collaborate internally on special projects and provide leadership and strategic insight on cross-functional teams
- Participate in network-wide and NeST events and meetings
- Other projects and responsibilities, as needed
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.