Math Teacher/Coach (2019-2020 School Year)
Administrative – School Leadership
LEAD Public Schools grows both students and staff. We are expanding high-quality education throughout the Nashville area, and we need thoughtful, growth minded staff members to do that work. LEAD Public Schools employees are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the core, always striving to become a better educator, and finding ways to infuse fun and joy into the work environment. We are always on the lookout for how to make LEAD Public Schools a better place for our scholars and our families. #whyILEAD
LEAD Public Schools is a network of six public charter schools in Nashville, Tennessee. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees. The first five graduating classes of LEAD Academy High School -- the first in the school's history -- all earned 100 percent acceptance to college. Our academic success is rooted in the foundation of social-emotional learning programs and practices, including a commitment to Crew and our five Ethos: our students and staff members LEAD because they are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and, above else, they always SERVE OTHERS.
There are many public charter schools and many models. LEAD Public Schools prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love, taking head on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent.
The school-based Math Teacher/Coach at LEAD Public Schools serves a high school campus as both a math instructor and teacher coach during the school day. In addition to leading excellent math instruction to students, the math teacher/coach also ensures our teachers receive research-based, individualized support so they can create learning environments where 100% of students are successful. The coach will execute coaching cycles which include observations, feedback-driven debrief conversations, targeted coaching plans, and evidence-based impact conversations on how coaching has affected instruction.
- Facilitate teachers’ understanding and implementation of the Tennessee Academic Standards and LPS Frameworks for Instruction by developing and executing collaborative and individual learning cycles for teacher professional growth.
- Work to support detailed coaching plans, which include focused goals and measures of success, to drive professional learning cycles.
- Consistently analyze teacher practice through ongoing classroom observations, data analysis, and examination of student work.
- Provide clear and direct feedback to teachers and leaders as needed, based on analysis of practice.
- Track student and teacher progress to assess the effectiveness of coaching.
- Collaborate with Assistant Principals of Instruction, other coaches, and the Network Academic Team to facilitate understanding of the structure of the standards, frameworks and curriculum, as well as best practices in coaching.
Curriculum and Content Specialist
- Promote implementation of state standards through LPS frameworks and curricula.
- Increase teacher content knowledge by acting as a content area expert.
- Dissect standards to guide identification of essential knowledge, skills, and learning targets.
- Engage in outside professional learning opportunities and professional readings.
- Participate in the LPS Coaching Cohort/Professional Learning Community.
Facilitator for Change
- Engage teachers in reflective thinking while looking critically at their instructional practices.
- Foster a safe, trusting environment for teachers; build rapport with teachers.
- Introduce refinements for teacher instructional practices through reflective coaching conversations.
- Valid high school math teaching license OR eligible for TN licensure
- At least three years of exemplary teaching experience
- Strong pedagogical background in Math
- Knowledge of, and experience with, instructional moves to support textual analysis, writing, and/or reading instruction, or task-based learning in mathematics
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and learning designs
- Experience facilitating teams and supporting results-oriented goals
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.