Human Resources Coordinator
Greater Nashville Area, TN
Administrative – NeST
LEAD Public Schools grows both students and staff. We are expanding high-quality education throughout the Nashville area and we need thoughtful, growth minded, team drive staff members to do that work. LEAD Public Schools employees are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the core, always striving to become a better educator, and finding ways to infuse fun and joy into the work environment. We are always on the lookout for how to make LEAD Public Schools a better place for our scholars and our families. #whyILEAD
LEAD Public Schools is a network of six public charter schools in Nashville, Tennessee. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees. We are the largest charter school provider in one of the nation's most vibrant cities.
Founded in 2007 as LEAD Academy in North Nashville, LEAD Public Schools has grown from a fifth- and sixth-grade school of 92 students to become Nashville's largest charter management organization with six schools serving the needs of more than 2,600 students as of the 2018-2019 school year. The first five graduating classes of LEAD Academy High School -- the first in the school's history -- all earned 100 percent acceptance to college. Our academic success is rooted in the foundation of social-emotional learning programs and practices, including a commitment to Crew and our five Ethos: our students and staff members LEAD because they are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and, above else, they always SERVE OTHERS.
There are many public charter schools and many models. LEAD Public Schools prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love - taking head on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent.
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator plays a critical role in supporting our staff by undertaking a variety of HR administrative duties. The HR Coordinator will facilitate daily HR functions like performing tasks in the areas of talent, employee benefits, payroll, HR compliance, and HR policies. The HR Coordinator will report to the Managing Director of Human Resources and work closely to support other members of the HR team.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Process new hire, termination, and change paperwork
- Maintain Human Resources files
- Ensure all personnel files are accurate and complete at all times, oversee reporting of personnel information as required by law
- Onboard all new staff members
- Conduct all exit interviews and collect data to improve staff culture
- Create and maintain all job descriptions across the network
- Manage all staff surveys, including developing and analyzing in-house employee satisfaction surveys. Collaborate with the network support staff to administer and analyze all staff surveys and employee related data
- Annually update and revise the employee handbooks and related HR policies of the organization
- Ensure appropriate and timely resolution of all employee-related matters, including advising management of recommended solutions
- Ensures all staff, substitutes, and volunteers are background checked and fingerprinted
- Supports managing workers compensation procedures including claims, reporting, compliance, and annual audits
Supports Talent Management as a Back-Up
- Assist the Director of Talent and Managing Director of HR and Director in developing and executing a national recruitment strategy
- Assist in ensuring that LEAD Public Schools (LPS) is cultivating and fostering a diverse pool of current and potential candidates.
- Assist in developing and executing a talent marketing plan that attracts top talent and keeps candidates engaged throughout the recruiting, interviewing, and assessment process
- Assist in planning and coordinating events that showcase LPS to talented potential employees and other stakeholders; assist in representing LPS at these events
- Assist in establishing and cultivating lasting relationships with strategic recruitment partners, including local universities
- Provide additional support to Talent team as necessary during peak seasons
- Supports and monitor school adherence in completion of TEAM
- Assist with annual performance evaluation process for all staff
Supports Payroll as a Back-Up
- Supports LBMC, Benefits and Payroll Specialist, and CFO in processing and review of biweekly payroll sessions.
- Supports the coordination of all payroll changes
- Supports processing Personnel Action Forms (PAFs)
- Supports the processing of billing to outside agencies for any shared staff
- Assist with payroll analysis and backup for grant reporting
- Serve as a contact for ADP and LBMC as it relates to all payroll and personnel inquiries
- Supports and monitors compensation data and support annual return offer letter process.
- Supports in the review of payroll as it relates to paid time off and benefits
- Supports in processing all employment verifications, wage garnishments, unemployment claims, and other employee requests
- Develop and prepare key HR documents such as; detailed staff rosters, HR dashboards, compensation schedules, etc., and provide regular analyses of existing and future benefit costs, including competitive benchmarking based on emerging trends or policy changes
- Participate in network-wide and NeST events and meetings
- Other projects and responsibilities, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or an equivalent degree from an accredited educational institution
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced Human Resources
- Prior experience with benefits, payroll, and/or HR administration
- Experience with HRIS required
- Experience or exposure to K-12 education a plus, but not required
- Belief and passion for LEAD’s mission of preparing students for college and life.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to manipulate advanced functions and pivot tables and to work quickly is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build trust and drive change by forming good relationships with staff
- Self-starter who sets high goals; is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and can handle multiple projects at once
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.