Accounts Payable and Revenue Coordinator
Greater Nashville Area, TN
Administrative – NeST
LEAD Public Schools grows both students and staff. We are expanding high-quality education throughout the Nashville area, and we need thoughtful, growth minded staff members to do that work. LEAD Public Schools employees are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the core, always striving to become a better educator, and finding ways to infuse fun and joy into the work environment. We are always on the lookout for how to make LEAD Public Schools a better place for our scholars and our families. #whyILEAD
LEAD Public Schools is a network of six public charter schools in Nashville, Tennessee. From 5th through 12th grades, our schools serve predominantly minority and low-income populations who are likely to be first-generation college attendees. The first five graduating classes of LEAD Academy High School -- the first in the school's history -- all earned 100 percent acceptance to college. Our academic success is rooted in the foundation of social-emotional learning programs and practices, including a commitment to Crew and our five Ethos: our students and staff members LEAD because they are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and, above else, they always SERVE OTHERS.
There are many public charter schools and many models. LEAD Public Schools prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love, taking head on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent.
The AP & Revenue Coordinator will provide critical support to the financial function of LEAD Public Schools. Specifically, this person will ensure timely and accurate processing of accounts payable, purchasing card transactions and bank deposits. In addition, this person will be responsible for processing almost $3M in federal grant reimbursements. The AP & Revenue Coordinator will work closely with the CFO, Finance Analyst and school-based leadership teams to support our 6 school, $30M organization.
Accounts Payable and Purchasing
- Own entire accounts payable cycle, including collecting bills, coding expenses, implementing approval processes, processing payments and maintaining records.
- Respond to all billing inquiries from vendors or internal stakeholders; research and resolve any billing issues in a professional and timely fashion.
- Proactively identify any billing issues or variances; identify areas for potential savings.
- Process manual checks as needed.
- Manage purchasing card program, including making employee changes and assisting with login information.
- Track and audit all purchasing card coding and backup documentation.
- Provide a high level of customer service and problem solving to internal stakeholders.
- With support of Finance Analyst, train internal stakeholders on financial processes related to accounts payable, purchasing cards and bank deposits
- Process monthly grant reimbursements for up to $3M in federal funds flowing through local school districts.
- Ensure grant related compliance documents (grant award notifications, fund release forms, budget revisions, payroll records, audit requests) are all collected, completed correctly, submitted on time and filed appropriately. Keep meticulous records related to all federal grants.
- Assist CFO with grant budget creation and revisions.
- Support the cash reconciliation process, including reviewing weekly cash deposits and collect backup documentation.
- Support Finance Analyst in variance analysis, including researching related bills.
- Supporting the procurement process, including assisting with vendor pricing research.
- Supporting the internal audit process.
- 2-5 years of experience in a fast-paced accounting or finance role.
- Nonprofit or education experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience processing accounts payable.
- Experience with handling detail-oriented processes or handling compliance documentation preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in accounting, finance or related field.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience with financial systems (SAGE Intacct preferred).
- Impeccable attention to detail and an ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- A keen problem solver dedicated to providing a high level of customer service to internal stakeholders.
- Self-starter who sets high goals, is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and can handle multiple projects at once.
- Belief in LEAD’s mission of preparing students for college and life.
LEAD Public Schools offers competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with experience.
LEAD Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.