Account Manager - Shipper (Remote)
We are Leaf
Leaf is on a mission to upend the way companies buy and sell transportation. Every year, billions of dollars, hundreds of megatons of carbon and millions of person-hours are wasted because the companies who ship goods and the companies who carry them aren’t upfront about their needs and abilities. Our platform finds ways for buyers and sellers to contract binding commitments for plannable and predictable freight and allows those contracts to be traded when needs change. In time, Leaf will become the hub through which the trillion-dollar American freight market is managed.
We are a team of experienced, smart, and mildly disagreeable troublemakers who like taking on unreasonably big challenges; we know how to build things, we’ve lived what’s broken in this industry, and we’re looking for bright, ambitious people to help us drag the transportation world kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
What does the Account Manager do?
The problems we solve every day are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring strategic, B2B and enterprise savvy professionals who are passionate and energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
● Understand the customer, at corporate and functional levels
● Map and engage stakeholders who execute, utilize or rely upon an effective and efficient transportation capability
● Develop a mastery of Leaf’s proprietary platform, analytics and product offerings and have a strong ability to map these to customer needs
● Renew, upsell and expand deals and manage them through their long-term journey while working in conjunction with Leaf teammates to ensure delivery against interim deliverables
● Work with Product to conduct experiments to better understand needs and ensure progress on the customer journey, and pivot based on learnings & results
● Track KPIs and progress on strategic accounts and ensure successful coordination with Leaf’s Sales and Customer Success teams
● Embody Leaf’s core values of trust, transparency and ownership as we build the future of transportation
Who makes a great Account Manager?
As an Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and managing an enterprise customer relationship. You will work to better understand the needs of customer sponsors (executives, buyers) and users (operations, procurement), and ensure Leaf delivers on practical, near term goals while building towards longer-term, transformative changes. You will play a key role in Leaf’s next phase of growth, as these strategic customer relationships help guide our product and overall company strategies as we work towards revolutionizing an industry screaming for improved efficiency and innovation.
● At least 5 years of directly aligned account management experience with a demonstrated track record of exceptional performance
● Experience establishing and expanding strong relationships with key decision makers at Fortune 1000 companies
● Strong understanding of the domestic supply chain ecosystem, as well as the needs and pain points of strategic and operational buyer personas across the industry.
● Entrepreneurial drive and prior experience in a startup environment.
● Thoughtful, insightful and thorough account management presentation planning and execution
● A passion for problem solving and a comfort level with ambiguity.
● Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in dynamic environments and distill new insights to iterate rapidly.
● Love to develop and foster relationships and enjoy interpersonal interactions.
● Communicate clearly and concisely, especially when it comes to complicated topics. You can break it down into simple terms people can understand.
● You’re an overachiever. You never quit, never take no for an answer, and are unrelenting in driving successful outcomes.
● Consummate team player, able to wear multiple hats, and assist team members when needed.
● Not afraid to work hard and always want to go the extra mile.
● Driven by numbers and not afraid of ambitious goals.
● A sense of humor and a readiness to use it liberally.
What we’re trying to do is hard, because we’re asking for big changes from people who are usually very comfortable doing things the way they’ve always been done. There is a lot of frustration, and it’s easy to put a lot of work into something that doesn’t bear fruit. But we’re here to put a big dent in a gigantic industry, something we’ll all be proud of a decade from now. We’re also a startup. Priorities change all the time, something’s always on fire, and there’s twice as much work to do as hands to do it. Its uncomfortable, new challenges surface constantly, and that means it’s up to you to manage how you spend your time in the midst of conflicting priorities.
We’re well-funded, with advisors and investors who’ve built legendary companies. But we’re also deploying that capital aggressively, so you should expect uncertainty and discomfort. If the above sounds daunting, you’re a perfectly sound and reasonable person who probably won’t fit in at Leaf. If this strikes you as an exhilarating environment, well, let’s talk.
Cash compensation range: $125,000-$175,000 USD annually.
The cash compensation above reflects the annual base salary. In addition to base salary, our total cash compensation may include additional compensation for employees in eligible roles. All Leaf employees are also eligible to participate in Leaf’s equity plan to receive Incentive Stock Options (ISOs). Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including their skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons.
We know that benefits are also an important piece of your total compensation package. We offer the following benefits:
● Equity: Incentive Stock Options
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance options at low group rates
● 16 company observed US holidays in 2023 plus unlimited PTO
● 401K plan
● Up to 12 weeks of fully-paid parental leave after 6 months of employment
● Stipend toward home office necessities and monthly phone bill or internet
Leaf Logistics is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Expected start date: April 2023