Senior Product Designer
Toronto, ON /
Design – Product Design /
Help Us Shape the Future of Healthcare
At League, we’re big on building connections - both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
When you feel connected to our mission, values and the work you do, you’re driven to perform your best every day. When you feel connected to people you work with, you’re able to build meaningful relationships that last. Together, we share the ultimate goal of delivering better health outcomes for everyone.
The world has changed, and so has the way we work. We believe you can work where you work best (whether it’s in the office all the time, a few days a week, or none of the time), and still feel connected to our mission, values, purpose, and each other. League is headquartered in Toronto with a second office in Chicago and we believe in empowering Leaguers to work their way—anywhere that works for them in Canada and the US.
All Leaguers have League life moments – moments in our careers that connect us to League’s mission and values, to each other and to our amazing work – every day.
Will your first League life moment be meeting our team? We can’t wait to meet you.
In a complex industry like healthcare, great product design is one of the things that sets League apart from our competition. If you are excited about solving difficult problems with simple, yet beautiful designs, this is the perfect role for you.
As a Senior Designer, you’ll be responsible for helping League members navigate and understand their health benefits (for both themselves and their dependents) in order to positively improve their health outcomes. To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating cross-functionally. You love working closely with product management and engineering to create intuitive solutions, contribute design strategy to major projects, and deliver high-quality experiences to our customers quickly and iteratively.
You have experience actively coaching and mentoring your design peers, providing constructive feedback on their work, and ensuring the team is creating a cohesive and consistent design system across all our products.
In this role, you will:
- Solve complex design problems through simple, beautiful design aesthetic
- Mentor other designers while iterating on cross-platform feature improvements
- Be a core contributor to League's design system
- Advocate for great user experience across all teams, from marketing to customer success
- Build ongoing dialogue with League's members by helping to shape our user research process
- Advocate for deep user empathy by leading Lean UX and design thinking activities
- Shape and contribute to ongoing process improvements
- Share and revise your designs based on customer interviews, peer feedback and UX research
- Be involved in all aspects of product development, working closely with product managers, other designers, and developers on feature sets spanning across League’s product shelf
- Create high fidelity designs and prototypes for new projects
- Clearly and concisely communicate rationales to stakeholders
- You have 5+ years working experience as a Product and/or UX Designer
- You can show off a well-considered body of work in product design, service design and product strategy
- You have been a part of (or led) a team that has successfully shipped multiple cross-platform digital products
- You have led process improvements at your past company
- You can easily tell the difference between a ‘good’ experience from ‘great’
- The interactions, flows and experiences you design are simple and validated by real users
- You have experience working with (and shaping!) agile design processes and iterative prototyping
- You exhibit fluency with tools of the trade (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Abstract, InVision, etc)
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy helping to surface and define problems, not simply designing solutions
- You have a strong ability to think technically, with working knowledge of platform patterns for Responsive Web and native mobile
- *BONUS* You have experience designing multilingual experiences
At League, everyone is welcome. Diversity makes us better, and we believe in building diversity across cultural identity, gender, sexual orientation, age and education, thought and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Here are some additional resources to learn more about League: