Head of Advisory Services & Benefits (US)
Sales – Advisory Services/Benefits
The Head of Advisory Services & Benefits (US), will provide leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to League’s advisory team in the United States. This advisory team is responsible for supporting League’s Sales and Customer Success teams with the specific benefits and health solutions requiring to acquire new business and support League clients. Specifically, this team will work directly with employers to design, implement and manage each clients unique benefits strategy.
League’s Advisory Services team is an essential part of League’s strategy to provide innovative benefit solutions delivered on League’s consumer engagement platform creating unique value for customers (employers) and consumers (employees).
In addition, the Head of Advisory Services & Benefits (US) will be part of the broader Strategy & Corporate Development leadership team and will help lead the identification, evaluation, and development of new solutions for employers across the United States. This will include working directly with League’s strategic partners including UnitedHealthcare, Optum, Cigna, Aetna, Power Financial, among others.
The Head of Advisory Services & Benefits (USA) will also work closely with League’s Executive and Senior Leadership teams to design and implement strategies that support the company’s growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with VP Sales, VP Enterprise Sales & Director Sales (Chicago, San Francisco) to successfully achieve budgeted sales objectives, and maintain sales forecast
- Review contracts, summary plan descriptions, agreements, etc., as part of entire sales process
- Partner with Head of Customer Success to ensure proper delivery of client service and deliver on client satisfaction and retention metrics
- Establish clear processes, best practices and performance standards for League’s consulting teams
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business/goal achievement through collaboration both within the consulting team and and cross-functionally
- Hire and structure an expanding consulting team with expertise in US employer sponsored benefits and related health solutions
- In conjunction with League’s compliance, HR, and Finance teams ensure that the consulting teams meet or exceed all compliance requirements specific to each market
- Partner with other cross-functional teams on structuring and executing operational and strategic initiatives specifically defining new benefit and health solutions for employers
- Work directly with strategic partners and the broader strategy & corporate development team to deliver on high priority solutions for League clients
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure successful client handoffs and implementations
- Monitor changing market conditions, innovations and competitor activity. Provide feedback and guidance to League’s Executive and Senior Leadership teams
- Proactively identify and communicate product needs to executive leadership
- An advocate; you have passion for health, wellness and driving innovation
- A person of high integrity; you want to get things done while also doing it the right way with a customer-first attitude
- A team player- in order to build something special, we need to make each other better
- Time management; you’re able to prioritize a number of ongoing projects working with a number of different teams and stakeholders
- A history of excellence - when you commit to something, you do it well
- Overcome obstacles and challenges with positivity and determination
- 8+ years experience in general management, advisory services, and health benefits
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Track record in hiring, training and developing high performance teams
- Ability to meet licensing requirements
- Experience succeeding in a fast-paced startup a plus
- Experience in working directly with clients to deliver high levels of satisfaction
- Ability to win the support of key stakeholders (all the way up to C-level executives)
- Extensive knowledge of the HR technology and benefits industries
- Licensed insurance agent for health benefits a plus
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.