Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Engineering – Engineering
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to help us build scalable and reliable services to support our growing business. In this role, you will work as part of a small cross-functional team to iteratively deliver value to our customers. Each of our product delivery teams is responsible for shipping an important piece of our roadmap, as well as continually maintaining and improving a specific area of our product.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your code and enjoy incorporating the business objectives into your approach to development. You enjoy working with product management to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and can balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. We build backend services with Go and MongoDB, a web frontend with React and Redux, and native Android and iOS applications. We ship code to production multiple times per week, and we’re always looking to improve both the quality and speed of our releases.
You may not have expertise in our particular programming languages or technologies, but that’s okay. What’s important to League is your ability to take ownership and solve problems, as well as your collaborative spirit and drive for professional growth.
- Work on a cross-functional, feature-driven development team
- Lead technical design discussions and help drive technical decisions
- Implement new features and core services in the League platform
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Live our team values of ownership, pragmatism, cooperation, and empathy for our customers
- Support and mentor junior members of the team
- You enjoy delivering value to customers
- You have experience building scalable, fault-tolerant web services
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
- You understand how the web works and what a good API looks like
- You are a strong communicator, and you can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers without a problem
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of Go or MongoDB
- Experience in a startup environment
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.