Director of Engineering, Product Development
Engineering – Engineering
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to take responsibility for product development and delivery within our engineering organization. In this role, you will report directly to our CTO and be held accountable for the success of multiple product development squads, including team structure and staffing, engineering practices and quality, and delivery against our product roadmap. You will help shape our long-term engineering vision and strategy, working closely with product leadership to understand the future of our business. You will also be responsible for mentoring and developing engineering leaders throughout the organization.
At League, our product development squads are composed of backend, web, and mobile developers, who work together in dedicated cross-functional teams with product managers and designers. Each team focuses on a specific area of our business, with the goal of rapidly designing and delivering high quality software for our growing customer base. Our platform and applications run on Google Cloud. We build backend services with Go and MongoDB, a web frontend with React and Redux, and native Android and iOS applications. We ship code to production multiple times per week, and we’re always looking to improve both the quality and speed of our releases.
- Own and be accountable for all engineering aspects of product delivery
- Collaborate closely with product leaders to influence product strategy, roadmap, and process
- Work with your teams to set clear and measurable objectives, and drive them to completion
- Build a high performing team through the ongoing development of current team members and leaders
- Develop and lead inclusive, welcoming, and effective recruiting processes
- Maintain relationships with executive team and colleagues throughout the company, and represent engineering in cross-functional projects and to the company at large
- Proactively identify areas of improvement where engineering teams can make a difference and work with other teams to make those improvements happen
- You have strong technical skills and the ability to help teams build the right solutions
- You have extensive experience managing and scaling engineering teams
- You are a thoughtful people leader capable of motivating and inspiring confidence
- You understand and practice agile software development
- You have a passion for nurturing the careers of the people on your team and developing the next generation of leaders
- You are capable of identifying problems before they occur and help teams solve them quickly and decisively
- You are focused on results, and excel at getting the team to focus on work that maximizes impact
- You have exceptional communication and collaboration skills
Nice to Have
- Experience scaling teams at startups
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.