Senior Content Marketing Manager
United States /
Marketing – Marketing /
As Senior Content Marketing Manager, you develop and implement League’s content strategy - helping to build League’s brand credibility and inbound traffic around topics core to our business. Your main objective is to align content creation to support engagement with one or more target audiences and related keyword universes.
In this role, you develop and maintain an editorial calendar and manage the creation of related primary and derivative formats to support the publishing frequency required to build inbound traffic and engagement. Finally, you are responsible for conducting content audits, asset management and reporting.
In this role you will
- Use audience insights, personas, keyword research, messaging themes, campaign plans, competitive information and content performance analytics to build a blog editorial calendar and create related content.
- Create a steady stream of primary and derivative asset types that can be leveraged across various channels and use cases.
- Engage and collaborate with cross-functional participants (e.g. product marketing, marketing, product management, benefits consultants, sales and customer success) as needed to support content ideation, creation, activation and measurement requirements.
- Manage meeting and resource schedules, workflows and deadlines associated with content marketing activitiesExecute keyword research and define a keyword universe that aligns with audience needs, business priorities and inbound traffic goals, collaborating with the growth team.
- Collaborate with other functions to gather the information needed to optimize content asset creation, performance and measurementImplement, support and evangelize content marketing practices
- Collaborate with marketing program owners, content strategists and/or campaign managers to integrate and repurpose content marketing and campaign content where appropriate
- Collect, analyze and report on content marketing success via standard content marketing–related KPIs, using Web analytics tools, marketing automation platforms, social media management tools, etc. to inform and optimize ongoing content
- Manage content marketing agencies, consultants or freelancers, including writers, graphic designers, video and interactive content producers, etc. as needed
- Organic inbound traffic growth
- Page Views
- Time on Site
- Pages per session
- New and repeat visit growth
- Bounce rate
- Blog subscriber growth
Who should you be?
- BA in English, journalism, marketing, liberal arts, media or communications
- Five years or more of related experience (e.g. publishing, editorial, journalism, content marketing, copywriting, digital marketing)
- Complex project management experience
- Related market/industry experience desirable
- Domain/product category experience desirable
- Excellent communicator, including keen listening skills
- Creative and innovative – discerning the essential points or storyline from information
- Champions audience needs and interests
- Flexible and able to shift strategies and tactics when required
- Detail oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.