Vice President, Client Operations and Benefit Administration
Client Operations – Client Operations
In this newly created role, the Vice President Client Operations and Benefit Administration will lead of the operations and benefit administration teams in the US (Chicago) and Canada (Toronto).
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and an active member of the client delivery leadership team the incumbent will be accountable for defining the strategy for and leading the delivery of all benefits administration services including group implementation, initial enrollment, eligibility, carrier feeds, ongoing operations, payroll reporting, compliance, carrier management and client management.
This hands-on role requires superior judgment, excellent communication skills, a high level of creativity, and the ability to thrive in a complex, and highly collaborative environment.
Your mission is to ensure our clients derive value from their relationship with League and become passionate champions of our brand.
In this role you will:
- Be accountable for delivering and continue to evolve an exceptional client experience for benefit administration services and operations including infrastructure decisions, outsourcing, tooling, approach and defining our standard services across both the Canadian and US teams.
- Proactively update the existing benefits processes and act as a change agent for future improvements, setting clear goals and owning the recommendations across the organization.
- Support complex sales negotiations, including attending client presentations and bringing the benefit administration/operations expertise to the table to help close deals.
- Support the client solutions team with the very large, high-profile client accounts post implementation, during the development of proposals and responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) as required.
- Create a high performing team by leading hiring, performance managing, developing, training, evaluating, compensating, workforce planning and more.
- Continuously review, change, implement new and optimize current processes and infrastructure as it relates to operations and benefit administration to ensure service excellence and efficiency.
- Build effective relationships and collaborate across the organization with internal stakeholder teams including client solutions, customer care, product, engineering and the executive team to be a proactive voice within the organization.
- Identifying and continually evolve opportunities for continued optimization of operations and benefit administration.
- Apply project management, communication strategies on the change management methods to ensure the team is achieving measurable targets, effectively collaborating across the organization, managing clients with high quality, purposefully managing change and have an optimized streamlined workflow.
Required Background / Skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience in benefits administration and operations with proven success leading and scaling hyper-growth preferably in a HR/HCM SaaS organizations
- Strong leadership skills and the drive to make an impact on the company and the clientsNatural results-oriented leader with inherent personal drive; ability to navigate ambiguity, operate effectively in a hyper-growth, start-up environment, and motivate a team of high performing individuals
- Passion for developing, motivating and mentoring teams
- Proven in depth experience with project management, change management and communications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience, MBA preferred
- Project management certificate and/or Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma process designation preferred
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.