Director of Data Engineering
Engineering – Engineering
As the Director of Data Engineering at League, you will hold responsibility for the vision and strategy for our data practice. In this role, you will report directly to our CTO and be held accountable for the success of the cross-functional data team, including team structure and staffing, engineering practices and quality, and delivery against our product roadmap. You will help shape our long-term engineering vision and strategy, working closely with product leadership to understand the future of our business. You will also be responsible for mentoring and developing engineering leaders throughout the organization.
In this role you'll:
- Develop and drive the vision and strategy for data at League.
- Own and be accountable for all engineering aspects of the data teams delivery
- Champion data security, privacy, scalability, integrity, accessibility and data-driven decision making at the company by building the right tools, culture and processes
- Build real-time Business Intelligence and Analytics capabilities and insights into product metrics to help product managers understand and optimize product features and guide product decisions
- Build internal Reporting and Analytics platform
- Develop and lead recruiting processes which are inclusive and welcoming to a diverse pool of candidates
- Have a strong understanding of the business, company goals, priorities, and strategy
- Set relevant, company-aligned strategy, measurable quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) for the data teams and lead them to completion
- Maintain relationships with executive staff and colleagues throughout the company
- Build a high performing team through the ongoing development of current team members and the recruitment of top-tier talent
- Proactively identify areas of improvement throughout the company where data engineering teams can make a difference and work with other teams to put those improvements into practice
- You have strong technical skills and the ability to help teams build the right solutions
- You have extensive experience managing and scaling data teams
- You are a thoughtful people leader capable of motivating and inspiring confidence
- You understand and practice agile software development
- You have a passion for nurturing the careers of the people on your team and developing the next generation of leaders
- You are capable of identifying problems before they occur and help teams solve them quickly and decisively
- You are focused on results, and excel at getting the team to focus on work that maximizes impact
- You have exceptional communication and collaboration skills
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.