Data Operations Analyst (US)
Client Operations – Client Operations
As Data Operations Analyst (US), you are responsible for implementing, managing, and monitoring our portfolio of integrations to/from League’s ecosystem. Your two main objectives are to proactively and strategically implement HRIS, payroll, and carrier integrations and ensure integrity of League’s enrollment information.
You will speak with team members, third party vendors, clients, and insurance carriers on a daily basis to maintain the integrity of data collection and integration. Your mission is to streamline these processes and help reduce administrative burden on our team members, vendors, and clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and manage master databases for each client, including member and dependent demographics, benefit elections, and payroll calculations
- Source data for contribution rates and formulas
- Build customized eligibility, payroll, carrier, and ad hoc reports by client
- Highlight issues with members’ elections Automate confirmation emails to members with elections and payroll deductions
- Develop audit process for carrier reports and invoices against master database
- Develop and monitor HRIS, payroll, and carrier integrations
- Create improved error reporting so account managers and clients can easily action on issues
- Develop client-specific operational documentation
- Partner with product team to house data with appropriate business formulas and logic.
- Audit product builds against master databasesImplement quality control processes
- Manage data infrastructure, reporting, and KPIs
- Assist with other tasks and projects as needed
Required Education / Certificates / Experience
- Required:4+ years of experience with backend, database, and integration environments
- 4+ years experience with multiple data formats including CSV, Excel, JSON, and XML
- Experience with data integration for benefit administration (e.g. HRIS, payroll, insurance carriers)
- Experience with reusable data processing models (e.g., enrollment, payroll, COBRA integrations)
- Experience in healthcare tech or health insurance industries and standards, HIPAA compliance, and related best practices
- Master at all things Excel
- Experience with SQL performance tuning
- Experience managing ETL workflows
- Experience with data warehousing tools and technology
- Experience with Workato
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Salesforce
We believe that diverse teams perform better, and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.